What racing game(s) contains the Paul Ricard circuit?

• Thread starter CJT7777
  • 15 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Just a quick one.

I have no idea what this circuit layout is like and apparently only 'Supercar Challenge' on the PS3 contians it. I've got tonnes of game across all platforms, so could anyone tell me what game(s) contains this circuit?

Cheers!

There's a very good mod for it on Assetto Corsa, while other moddable games like rFactor, AMS and rFactor 2 are likely to have one.

Its amazing that no other game includes it officially. I generally steer clear of mods but could be the only option, thanks for the suggestions!

The only games I've played with Circuit Paul Ricard HTTT are "Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli" and the free game "VDrift," which features the track in its 1980s configuration. I want to say there were some old motorcycle arcade racing games that featured Paul Ricard, but I am not sure. Maybe one that comes to mind there is NAMCO's 500 GP. I also kind of recall it in one of NAMCO's "Final Lap" series of arcade games.

Most of this was off the top of my head, so you're welcome if I was able to help you out on this one, CJT7777.

Ah, so its in Ferrari Challenge? I've got that so I'll give that a go, thanks. Main reason is because F1 is going there in a few weeks and I like to get an idea of the track layout before they race. F1 2018 will be too late of course...

The Assetto Corsa mod is better than some official content. It also contains the correct layout for the F1 race, whereas the others mentioned don't. Ignore mods at your peril.

The Assetto Corsa mod is better than some official content. It also contains the correct layout for the F1 race, whereas the others mentioned don't. Ignore mods at your peril.

I hear you. I went mod crazy a few years ago and ended up with a huge pile of crap lol so I've just kept everything official since then...

And we thought Canada was boring... :D Well, maybe the lack of recorded info and track data will make it vaguely interesting. It's just a flat track with tons of high-grip paint - even worse than COTA. Sad panda engage.

I know it was a thing back in the day, so when did they neuter/change it?
They made it shorter in the mid 80's when Elio de Angelis died after crashing in the esses just after the pits during a test day for Brabham. F1 moved away not long after to Magny Cours and Paul Ricard fell into disrepair until it was bought by Bernie to be used a test track (hence the HTTT part) with all the different coloured, with different abrasive surface, materials to test different types of run-off (to replace gravel traps.)

(All of the above is from memory so may not be entirely accurate...)

Last edited:
The Blancpain race at PR was pretty epic this year, and it was actually pretty good last year too. Completely different cars, who knows how the F1 cars will handle it.

One thing about the GT3s though, they were using the full Mistral straight, which was probably the most exciting part of all the battles in the race - the drafting down the straight, fighting for track position into Senior...lots of heart-in-mouth moments there. With F1 using the chicane, I think it’ll feel like any other tilkedrom, like Hockenheim or Abu Dahbi. At least if they used the full straight, there would have to be some setup compromises, plus rediculous opportunity for overtaking in the race, making doing more than a 1-stopper possible. I suppose the same could still happen with using the chicane, but we’ll have to see I guess.

They are using the chicane this year, but I'm sure they said they were prepared to remove it for subsequent years if it didn't help overtaking.

Back