What`s Sport Daliy Race ???(Bug or cheat?)

• Thread starter Shawny
  • 12 comments
Well that's quite interesting.

The PD servers control the car until it hands it over to the player when the race actually starts. During this period the server and consoles are constantly exchanging information as to where the cars are, speeds and directions. When the information doesn't match between the consoles and server, and the server can't reconcile the difference, you end up with cars driving in circles or off track as the server tried to correct the cars position, which was something that'd happen in GT Sport.

I assume PD have changed how that is handled in GT7 and (if this racer has indeed done this before) they've discovered a way to trick the server into handing off control of the car way before the server should.

Last edited:
You've spotted an unfortunate one. There's been several instances of this bug being shown from several different drivers in both Asia and the Americas. Not sure if we've seen any from EMEA yet. Just unlucky to be one of the ones to fall victim to someone getting a free head start.

The PD servers control the car until it hands it over to the player when the race actually starts. During this period the server and consoles are constantly exchanging information as to where the cars are, speeds and directions. When the information doesn't match between the consoles and server, and the server can't reconcile the difference, you end up with cars driving in circles or off track as the server tried to correct the cars position, which was something that'd happen in GT Sport.

I assume PD have changed how that is handled in GT7 and (if this racer has indeed done this before) they've discovered a way to trick the server into handing off control of the car way before the server should.
Could be he has disconnected the connection and connects it back fast enough to maintain the status but in server confusion gets control?
Like wiggling the wire to get static in the line to muddy the connection?

The PD servers control the car until it hands it over to the player when the race actually starts. During this period the server and consoles are constantly exchanging information as to where the cars are, speeds and directions. When the information doesn't match between the consoles and server, and the server can't reconcile the difference, you end up with cars driving in circles or off track as the server tried to correct the cars position, which was something that'd happen in GT Sport..

I hope so, too

but, It did not hand over control and finish ranking table, It was equally reflected
It's a partial excerpt from the full video.

There is one same video on my channel in the past and it uploaded a full video.
As I checked the video, using the same call name.
It's probably a user who uses it's a bad habitually

pt.
I am from a non-English speaking region, so please understand that English grammar is inaccurate. :D

You've spotted an unfortunate one. There's been several instances of this bug being shown from several different drivers in both Asia and the Americas. Not sure if we've seen any from EMEA yet. Just unlucky to be one of the ones to fall victim to someone getting a free head start.
out of luck... :D

Could be he has disconnected the connection and connects it back fast enough to maintain the status but in server confusion gets control?
Like wiggling the wire to get static in the line to muddy the connection?
I wish it was a problem due to a hardware failure.
But I don't think that's the case if look at the abuse several times.

I think, Recently I met the user more than five times in the daily race.
he don't get off to a bad start every time. It seems to be used in a mixture.
But the same thing is he doesn't get a penalty for any action.

I just don't think I had any luck

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
2022.05.05 Sport mode Daliy race B
player use Bug or cheat
flying start ???
hmm....
This has happened in the same person as the past, I got to see you again today

Polyphony does not seem to do anything

I want you to look at it and judge it individually.

I'm looking for answers, because this bug keeps happening to me. It will happen 2 or 3 races in a row. I have a video of it on my YouTube channel. Wickedspoke if you would like to check it out. When it happens the cars remain where they were at the start of the race. I also have a clean track, which is not fun when you don't have anyone to race. I have also found that the other cars are affected by my car even though I can't see them. I'm just an old guy who likes racing. The other drivers are constantly accusing me of cheating, I assure you I have no control over this bug.

I'm looking for answers, because this bug keeps happening to me. It will happen 2 or 3 races in a row. I have a video of it on my YouTube channel. Wickedspoke if you would like to check it out. When it happens the cars remain where they were at the start of the race. I also have a clean track, which is not fun when you don't have anyone to race. I have also found that the other cars are affected by my car even though I can't see them. I'm just an old guy who likes racing. The other drivers are constantly accusing me of cheating, I assure you I have no control over this bug.

Looks similar to what I've been through.
I haven't seen the status quo lately,

but, This seems to be a network or game program problem.
I wonder what Polypony's response would be like if it was a cup series rather than a regular daily race.
It's a pity that this situation feels against you.

Does this still happen to you in 1.16 of the latest patch?

in a few words I think it's after the 1.15 patch, but it's not easy to see the etiquette wheel-to-wheel of the past because it seems to have been lowered a lot about the penalty for the Daily Race.

I feel sorry for using a translation program because it is easy to read English but difficult to write in grammar. :D

Looks similar to what I've been through.
I haven't seen the status quo lately,

but, This seems to be a network or game program problem.
I wonder what Polypony's response would be like if it was a cup series rather than a regular daily race.
It's a pity that this situation feels against you.

Does this still happen to you in 1.16 of the latest patch?

in a few words I think it's after the 1.15 patch, but it's not easy to see the etiquette wheel-to-wheel of the past because it seems to have been lowered a lot about the penalty for the Daily Race.

I feel sorry for using a translation program because it is easy to read English but difficult to write in grammar. :D
No worries on the grammer! It is still happening to me. Happened 6 times in daily races last night. I'm almost positive I have been reported for cheating. People fail to understand I have no control over the bug. Also I can't quit the race because it absolutely kills my DR. I'm going to just keep racing and hope they get it fixed.

It sounds like you have a non-ideal network situation. Try this:

Last edited:
Just slow down so they catch you then resume racing.
I would but they are stopped on the track. I also think the other drivers are interacting with my car, because I've been accused of being dirty after the race. I cannot see the other cars except where they are stopped on the track.

It sounds like you have a non-ideal network situation. Try this:
Thanks I will look it over. I have a cellular based internet, which may be the source of my problems. There isn't a whole lot I can change on the unit though.

Some telltale clues of imminent disconnection are if you start seeing other cars driving very odd like driving straight off instead of turning, you probably will be disconnected...

Back