What sense of speed setting do you use?

United States
Central US
Football67611
I am curious what sense of speed setting everyone uses? I moved the top two sliders in this setting to 115, and felt it made everything feel better. Does anyone know what the bottom two sliders do in speed sensitivity setting? I love all the options in this game!

I am curious what sense of speed setting everyone uses? I moved the top two sliders in this setting to 115, and felt it made everything feel better. Does anyone know what the bottom two sliders do in speed sensitivity setting? I love all the options in this game!
Do you mean the minimum and maximum speed sensitive speed? Those are the speeds at which the effect maximizes itself. So as your FOV is getting smaller as you decrease speed, the rate of speed at which the effect is at it's maximum is that speed. So if your speed sensitive FOV is 70 on the low end and your minimum speed senstitive speed is 60 km/h, it means as you slow down your FOV will gradually reduce to 70 at 60 km/h, but going below 60 km/h it will stay at 70.

By the way, the top two settings are meant to be two different numbers. If you set them to the same number, you negate the effect of speed sensitivity. Ideally, the first number should be 100 or lower and the second number higher than 100. That has the effect of narrowing the FOV at slow speed, making everything look slower, and widening the FOV at high speed, giving a better sense of speed.

Yes, I was trying to understand the minimum and maximum speed sensitivity. What do you use for your FOV and speed sensitivity, or what do you suggest? I really enjoy the feeling of speed. I am using cockpit view in its standard state. Thank you for the info.

I have mine all turned off. Might have another play around with the settings though, perhaps try to increase the sense of speed but I found it all a bit off-putting really. Backing out to the options screens to re-adjust doesn't make me want to tinker much these days.

I have it all turned off. I find it off-putting. Maybe it'd be ok if the effect was only very small, I don't know, but I like the game without it.

I have mine set up (so it is quite a subtle change between 45mph and 140mph

I have field of view and movement set as follows (I use helmet view)

Field of view
Bumper 68
Hood 70
Roof 73
Chase 65
Cockpit 68
Helmet 68
Rear passenger 90
Field of view speed sensitivity Yes
Min speed sensitivity 95
Max speed sensitivity 115

Movement
High Speed Shake On
World Movement 100
G-Force Effect 100
Show Helmet Yes
Depth of field No
Helmet look to apex 55
Helmet leaning 100
Camera leaning 100

Here's a video with those settings.

The next video shows the effect of the sensitivities set as follows (extremes) in various views.
Min speed sensitivity 75 (minimum)
Max speed sensitivity 175 (maximum)

This last video shows the sensitivity settings reversed so that fov increases (widens) the slower I go). It's probably more useful than the example above if you want better visibility in corners. I'll stick with my normal settings from the first video though ;)
Min speed sensitivity 125 (maximum)
Max speed sensitivity 75 (minimum)

I believe the sensitivity settings apply a percentage to the actual field of view for each camera.

Last edited:
I have mine set up (so it is quite a subtle change between 45mph and 140mph

I have field of view and movement set as follows (I use helmet view)

Field of view
Bumper 68
Hood 70
Roof 73
Chase 65
Cockpit 68
Helmet 68
Rear passenger 90
Field of view speed sensitivity Yes
Min speed sensitivity 95
Max speed sensitivity 115

Movement
High Speed Shake On
World Movement 100
G-Force Effect 100
Show Helmet Yes
Depth of field No
Helmet look to apex 55
Helmet leaning 100
Camera leaning 100

Here's a video with those settings.

The next video shows the effect of the sensitivities set as follows (extremes) in various views.
Min speed sensitivity 75 (minimum)
Max speed sensitivity 175 (maximum)

This last video shows the sensitivity settings reversed so that fov increases (widens) the slower I go). It's probably more useful that the other view if you want better visibility in corners.
Min speed sensitivity 125 (maximum)
Max speed sensitivity 75 (minimum)

I believe the sensitivity settings apply a percentage to the actual field of view for each camera.

It does look a lot better when it's that subtle. I might give your settings a go to see how I like it. Cheers :cheers:

Anybody ever get an answer on this ?

The min and max speed settings are the speeds where the effect stops changing. So if min speed is 50 and max speed is 150 the effect will use the minimum sensitivity (% of your specified field of view) at 50mph and below, increasing to your maximum sensitivity setting up to 150mph. After 150mph the field of view will stay at your maximum sensitivity setting.

Back