What should I buy?!?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Raptor65
  • 21 comments
  • 613 views
Messages
658
I just won the Gran Turismo World Championship for the second time hoping to win the Nissan Z Concept but instead i got the GT-one which i already had and i personally don't like that car so i sold it for 550,000 credits and now i have like 3,505,300 or something like that. So now that i have the moneyI want to splurg and get a really cool car but i don't know what to get. What's the best car to buy. I don't care how much it costs i just want ya'lls opinion on what to get.:confused: :confused:
 
castrol toms supra 1,250,000
pennzoil nismo gtr 715,000(i think)
lancia delta rally car 500,000

dont remenber the others good race cars u can buy
 
use the cars that you win in racing, race them get other cars and i am sure one of them will satisfy you. the coolest car is the one that you feel comfortable with.......mine is the subaru impreza 22b STI, but lately i found the caribra or should i say Calibra(man a thread by itself was istablished just talking about caribra or calibra) any way that car is so sweet it's engine's sound is music to my ears!!!
and by the way i never buy a car palying the gran turismo series, first i work on the liscence get golds with the cars then race these cars and modify them thus saving money in order to modify and terrorise the AIs.
 
yea, i personally don't like buying cars because if you win it, you'll get a lil more hp than ones u get from the dealer.
 
yeah but he asked what car to buy....not what to do

dont buy the escudo its like throwing money trhought the window
 
Yeah i rarely buy a car but you don't always get what you want. Just like in my case. I hate spending hours maybe even a couple 'a days and then find out you didn't get the car you want. That really pisses me off. I always seem to get the car i don't want or the one that sucks.
 
Tom's supra, Vertigo, Castrol Supra...

I would suggest those for buying, but really I cant say because all of those you can win as prize cars.

I try to buy cars I can't win.

So I would suggest you do the same.

Maybe you should try the panoz out and see if you can get some settings to make it into something better than what I thought it was.

I will come back with more suggestions.
 
dont want to be arrogant but the castrol supra and the tom supra are both the same...... the castrol and the toms form one supra
 
Shoot my bad, that was a total brain fart...

I meant to write the castrol Nsx.

My bad.
 
You know... you didn't have to get the GT One again. You can acually choose your prize car.
1. Once you have enough points for a sure win, go to 9th race and save.
2. Skip the 10th, win the championship, get your car.
3. Repeat step 2 until you get the one you favor.
 
Tickford XR8 1,500,000 not the quickest but relatively easy to drive.
 
¸it has tendancy to tail whip at the re acceleration point
 
Originally posted by div
¸it has tendancy to tail whip at the re acceleration point

Sure but I find it manageable/tunable. For my driving style I found that I did not have to move too far from default settings in most cases.

But as I said it is not mega quick.
 
you sold the GT-One

I used it most of the time its got over 2000 miles on it

Just like GT2
 
Buy a Jaguar XJ220. Its expensive. But:

A) Its a legendary car
B) It looks awesome
C) It's a rare car, in that, its driveable with no TCS at over 800hp.
D) It has awesome handling.
E) You cant win it anywhere.
F) You deserve to own this beautiful car.
G) Its the ultimate splurge. Ask the people that bought real ones!
 
cant win anywhere aye

I won one from The Mistral 78laps of Cote D Azure
 
Originally posted by 12sec. Civic
Buy a Jaguar XJ220. Its expensive. But:

A) Its a legendary car
B) It looks awesome
C) It's a rare car, in that, its driveable with no TCS at over 800hp.
D) It has awesome handling.
E) You cant win it anywhere.
F) You deserve to own this beautiful car.
G) Its the ultimate splurge. Ask the people that bought real ones!

I haven't driven it but had heard that it handles quite poorly.

And yes it can be won at Mistral 78 laps. Look here
 
Originally posted by 12sec. Civic
Buy a Jaguar XJ220. Its expensive. But:

A) Its a legendary car
B) It looks awesome
C) It's a rare car, in that, its driveable with no TCS at over 800hp.
D) It has awesome handling.
E) You cant win it anywhere.
F) You deserve to own this beautiful car.
G) Its the ultimate splurge. Ask the people that bought real ones!
Top Gear reviewed this car....he said that it handles like crap lol
and it also can't slow down well either.
a quote from him...."It has breaks...they just don't work." :lol:
 
Originally posted by GoKents
I try to buy cars I can't win.

I do the same thing. I refuse to buy a car I can win. I even made a list of non-prize cars, lol! But I'm just dumb like that. So far I've only bought one car and I'm close to 50% done (sad, I know), it was the Vitz Euro, :-P ya sure can't win that piece of **** anywhere, hehe.

My advice, buy the most expensive car you can't win. :) OR buy some parts for any of the cars you already have and wanna use in future races.
 
A TVR Speed 6. Driving that car is similar to holding a gallon of jello. Once you've gotten it balanced, you can really move with it.

A Fully worked up Speed 6 on T2 tires is with no TCS or ASM will make you feel like your driving on ice. But once mastered, you'll be a far better driver than you ever thought.

AO
 
Back