What Should I Do?

• Thread starter Buhnanah
  • 13 comments
Buhnanah
I just got like $500, and i wanted to start playing iRacing. I need to spend $250 on some computer upgrades, and then I can start. I have the DFGT right now, but want to upgrade to the G27. Should i first try iRacing with the DFGT and then see if i like it, or just bite the bullet, buy the G27, and get a membership?

You may want to consider keeping your dfgt wheel and just upgrade the pedals. Ive heard alot of people say the dfgt wheel is a very good wheel for pc gaming. The pedals is the weak link and with a bodnar cable you can use any pedals on the pc.

I'll second the comment over keeping your DFGT. The many extra buttons really help with extra things in iRacing. Spend money on a pedal upgrade, this helps alot!

Ok, in iRacing the most important piece of hardware is going to be the brake pedal. Right now the best bang for the buck is the Fanatec Clubsport Pedals wich give you amazing precision, now with the infinite ammount of aftermarket support the G27 is an extremely good inversion. I'm a Fanatec user and I love the hardware when it's working right!
Now, if I was in your possition I'd definitely go for the G27 and immediately order the Nixim mod for your brake pedal. This will give you the feel and precision you need to manage your braking and get the most out of it! Add to that the enormous ammount of support for the G27 and there is no way you can go wrong with it!

If I were in your shoes I would keep the dfgt and try and find some clubsport pedals. Don't need any other kind of cables to hook different pedals to a pc long as it has a usb out on the pedals. Pedals seem to make more of a difference on iracing than a wheel. I have a dfgt for a back up and use a fanatec csr now and I can run the same lap times with both wheels using clubsport pedals. Ray alfalla that won the iracing oval world champ last year and finished in the top 10 in the road world champ uses a dfgt with clubsport so that can't be too bad of a setup :).

You can get G27 shifters online for about $30, and another $30 for a Bodnar cable will let you use it with anything.

what graphics card you got?

I wouldnt spend the extra cash, sign up, try it with DFGT, see if you like it before deciding what to do with the extra cash.

Don't go "all down" in a single hand. take it 1 step at a time.

All the suggestions above are great by the way, I just don't see why you need to rush into it when you haven't played it.

Thanks for all the comments.

I think I'm gonna try it with the DFGT first, and see how I like it, then I'll go on from there, and see what I'll upgrade.

I use the driving force gt yea I dont like not having a clutch and all that but its a good wheel, only problem i've had is getting it set for the game otherwise for as cheep as it is, its a great wheel.

You may want to consider keeping your dfgt wheel and just upgrade the pedals. Ive heard alot of people say the dfgt wheel is a very good wheel for pc gaming. The pedals is the weak link and with a bodnar cable you can use any pedals on the pc.

this! I joined iRacing and used my DFP for a few months to ensure that I wanted to stick with the game before deciding to upgrade to a G27.

Jav
Ok, in iRacing the most important piece of hardware is going to be the brake pedal. Right now the best bang for the buck is the Fanatec Clubsport Pedals wich give you amazing precision, now with the infinite ammount of aftermarket support the G27 is an extremely good inversion. I'm a Fanatec user and I love the hardware when it's working right!
Now, if I was in your possition I'd definitely go for the G27 and immediately order the Nixim mod for your brake pedal. This will give you the feel and precision you need to manage your braking and get the most out of it! Add to that the enormous ammount of support for the G27 and there is no way you can go wrong with it!

Having gone from stock G27 pedals to CSP I disagree. It cost more to upgrade G27 pedals to get the functionality of CSP than it does to buy a new set of CSP; buying CSP will cost a lot less than buying a G27 bundle and then upgrading the G27 pedals. If the Nixim mod then the G27 bundle is good value, but compared to CSP you will still have an inferior brake mechanism (how inferior is debatable), none of the three pedals will have adjustable throw distance or spring resistance, and the brake will not have the vibration motor to indicate wheel lockup (I like this a lot).

I faced the decision of upgrading my G27 pedals or buying CSP, and after comparing the cost and resulting functionality of the two options buying CSP seemed like the obvious choice.

However, I haven't tried a DFGT wheel to compare with the G27 wheel so I'm not sure how poor it is compared to the G27.

I just got like $500, and i wanted to start playing iRacing. I need to spend $250 on some computer upgrades, and then I can start. I have the DFGT right now, but want to upgrade to the G27. Should i first try iRacing with the DFGT and then see if i like it, or just bite the bullet, buy the G27, and get a membership?

I have a Fanatec CSR Elite up for sale in the trading post if you want the ultimate. PM me if youre interested

He only has about $250 to spend on a wheel/pedals. Unless you're dropping the price, your Elite is far beyond his budget.

Back