What size TV

• Thread starter @nndr3w
  • 10 comments
United Kingdom
London
GR00VE-R1DER
Hi All,

In the process of purchasing a R Seat RS1 with TV stand. Can anyone recommend the best size TV for the best viewing experience. Have been looking at 55" but not sure if that's a little too big taking into consideration that the screen will be pretty close to where I sit.

I've used a 55" 4k TV. My head was around 2-3 feet from the screen. It was a pretty good size. You just need to remember to look "into" the screen instead of at the screen.

I've used a 55" 4k TV. My head was around 2-3 feet from the screen. It was a pretty good size. You just need to remember to look "into" the screen instead of at the screen.

Okay thanks for that. TBH Based on budget I was thinking of getting a better spec'd TV at 49". Could get a QLED for my budget at 49" or LCD at 55". What do you think?

If you are playing race games and you are using the cockpit view, the bigger the TV the better. I mean it's better for the correct FOV. When using the correct FOV in the cockpit view, bigger TV's will give you more FOV.

Another thing to consider with a TV, and OLEDs is the potential input lag/latency most TVs have when compared to monitors

Edit:

That being said, I used TVs for 10 years (3 different samsungs)

Okay thanks for that. TBH Based on budget I was thinking of getting a better spec'd TV at 49". Could get a QLED for my budget at 49" or LCD at 55". What do you think?
PC or console?
I play on 55" QLED Q7FN 1920x1080 120Hz, 70cm from my eyes. The difference between 60Hz and 120Hz is significant and the input lag is only 10 ms(19ms with 60Hz). If the 49" QLED is 120Hz and you play on PC buy it.

So I have decided to go for a 49" TV in 4K. Some of the reviews on the Samsung QE49Q6FN are saying the screen is a quite reflective. Any other suggestion please. Budget is £600-700

Back