What Sony/PD have to do re Stockyard and similar.

  • Thread starter Thread starter redrick
  • 2 comments
  • 555 views
Messages
189
United States
Bellingham
I certainly can understand bugs at the first release of software, even ones that do terrible things. I am not angry that there is this bug. But what I am outraged about is that the perfectly functional Notifications system is not used to warn people.

It is difficult to obtain cars in GT6. The best way is to win them. But you can only win them once. If you put them in your stockyard they are lost and gone forever. What would be so difficult about giving a heads up (people who don't read fora probably won't know about this until it's too late). Just put a bloody notice in the Notifications that there's a problem with Stockyard and don't use it TFN. Problem solved. Hopefully they'll fix it way before people are getting anywhere near 500 cars. Right now though, even with just a few cars, it's human nature to play around with new features like that.

So put the notice in! And let us know if there's anything similar we should know. You should know that with a "6" and projected "7" on the end of your title we're a forgiving lot. So why not give us a break?
 
Last edited:
The only problem with stockyard I have is that it's even implemented in the game. Its usefulness is near zero to me.

Only used it one time and I don't think I'll be coming back soon. It takes a hell load of time to load and to transfer the cars, AND to save. Even when we're dealing only with one car here. Plus, when you're browsing the dealerships, cars in the stockyard aren't indicated as owned, I don't see the point in storing my cars and later on potentially forgetting I have them, or thinking I must have sold them while I'm browsing the dealerships.
 
The only problem with stockyard I have is that it's even implemented in the game. Its usefulness is near zero to me.

Only used it one time and I don't think I'll be coming back soon. It takes a hell load of time to load and to transfer the cars, AND to save. Even when we're dealing only with one car here. Plus, when you're browsing the dealerships, cars in the stockyard aren't indicated as owned, I don't see the point in storing my cars and later on potentially forgetting I have them, or thinking I must have sold them while I'm browsing the dealerships.

In another thread someone said there was a problem with the PS3's memory handling more than 500 cars in the garage, from what you say about slowness of Stockyard (I was lucky, I heard about bug before I used it) I would guess they want whole garage in memory so you can at least browse your cars without waiting for them to be read off disk. They can't really limit the number of cars you have to fewer than they brag about are in the game, so they supply this stockyard for cars you rarely use, accidental dupes, stuff you have no use for but don't quite want to sell.

They certainly have some kind of cache-memory problem. Have you noticed how much disk activity there is if you leave the game on without doing anything for a while and a demo type screen-saver comes on? Sounds like someone shuffling through a record collection looking for the next album to play.
 
Back