What sort of tyre cars have in GT Academy finals?

• Thread starter mehdoyi99
  • 5 comments
Turkey
Turkey
mehdoyi
Hello. It can be a weird questions to those who play this game for long time but I am a new GT player.

I wonder if its race soft or sport soft or another one you have to use when you're trying to make top time for GT Academy. Or can we choose ourselves which one to use.

Another question is I can make 2.05.4 with nissan nismo 14' car when car have race soft tyres, in Silverstone Grand Prix(longest one) at the moment, but I don't know how fast I should be to be a finalist in Europe. As I am a new player I think I can do better in future. I'd like to know how fast I need to be. I'd love to hear your opinions about where I am at the moment and where I need to be for becoming a finalist.

Thanks for your answers and I am sorry for my bad English, im not a native speaker.

Last edited:
Hello. It can be a weird questions to those who play this game for long time but I am a new GT player.

I wonder if its race soft or sport soft or another one you have to use when you're trying to make top time for GT Academy. Or can we choose ourselves which one to use.

Another question is I can make 2.05.4 with nissan nismo 14' car when car have race soft tyres, in Silverstone Grand Prix(longest one) at the moment, but I don't know how fast I should be to be a finalist in Europe. As I am a new player I think I can do better in future. I'd like to know how fast I need to be. I'd love to hear your opinions about where I am at the moment and where I need to be for becoming a finalist.

Thanks for your answers and I am sorry for my bad English, im not a native speaker.

Well, for 2015 I think in the first round (with the GT-R Nismo) people were posting top times of 2:04-2:05. If I remember correctly, we were on Sports: Soft tires, as mandated by the competition. Gold time was 2:11.000 and we were all driving on what a lot of people thought was a bad tune with lots of understeer.

It's going to take some work, but if you could get a 2:05.4 on sports soft tires, you might be onto something. It's possible with that car, especially if you set it up well for Silverstone. You just have to keep pushing yourself. When you've reached your limit, keep going until you get a new record. Then focus your energy on breaking that. It's a vicious cycle, but if you want to win, that's what you've got to do.

As far as tires go in general for GT Academy, it depends on which car you're driving. For the final round in 2015, the Nismo LM was on Racing Hard tires, and the tires will vary for each round and car combo.

You're all wrong! They are made of plastic... I'm really sorry guys but as a finalist of this year's race camp let me tell you the right answer is plastic. Tires at the GT Academy finals are made of plastic. :P

If you want to know where you stand, join the WRS, GTP's oldest organized racing series. Make an honest effort at the qualifying time trials and see where you rank. If you aren't at least D1 Bronze you have aren't likely to qualify for GTAcademy at this point. Preferably you want to be D1 Silver or Gold.

Back