What the heck is this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mygroth
  • 13 comments
  • 1,808 views
Messages
476
Messages
Mygroth1989
I'm using a DS3 controller and I'm trying to gold the Nascar special events. I'm doing fine really except for "medium difficulty" third race. Oh my god this is a constant kick in the nuts as I've been trying this for like 20 times now, and EVERY time I finish 0,003 too late. Is this some kind of joke or something? I already put ABS and all help to "off" but it's not helping. Anyone got ideas? Btw no I'm not buying a steeringwheel! ^^
 
I think you are talking about the one with the cones? Just drive as closely to them as possible and you will get gold.
 
i also did it with controller, it was indeed the hardest one but i passed it after 30 times or so
just full throttle and be gentle with the stick as close to the cones as possible as counter_Z23 said
 
in all of the NASCAR events, the key is drafting. not just drafting any car, but the RIGHT car.

i'm not 100% on this, but if i remember correctly, the one you are referring to starts you out with one car almost directly ahead of you, and another on the right, slightly further ahead.

you must draft the car on the right, not the one just in front of you. this will put you in about third place as you come out of the first corner, and by drafting one of the three lead cars and then passing just before the next turn you should easily come in first place and gold the event.

hope that helps.
 
I'm using a DS3 controller and I'm trying to gold the Nascar special events. I'm doing fine really except for "medium difficulty" third race. Oh my god this is a constant kick in the nuts as I've been trying this for like 20 times now, and EVERY time I finish 0,003 too late. Is this some kind of joke or something? I already put ABS and all help to "off" but it's not helping. Anyone got ideas? Btw no I'm not buying a steeringwheel! ^^

Perhaps this will help:

Like Counter said just stick close to the cones all the way through and come out wide towards the end to carry as much speed as possible out the corner

Good luck:tup:
 
Do not use ABS on the Nascar races, it will activate the Stability Control and cut your power on the corner exit.
 
I pin the throttle for the entire race and gently squeeze the brake for the corners (without letting go of the throttle). Made a huge improvement for the last advanced race I was struggling with.
 
The way I did it with a DS3 is to push the steering analog stick upwards and then turn by moving it side to side while having it pressed up against the sides. That gave me the control i need over just moving the sticks side to side.
 
That one is tough with a controller. I did it again after getting a DFGT and it was cake.
 
dude, you must be joking. i passed all of the nascar events with all golds & no more than 2 tries per event with a DS3.

As a matter of fact, i found them way too easy...i wish that there were more, mostly because i really dont believe they covered nascar well enough.
 
maybe there will be new stuff when the real nascar season starts? hopefully!! lol
 
I golded all nascar events but the outside lane at daytona test so far with DS3 pad, my best time was 23ms over the time for gold. Gave up, frustrating with pad to say the least.
 
I finish 0,003


I had the same problem only it was the Drafting lesson where you had to get to first in less than a lap(or something like that) but I finally won with a time difference of 0.000.
 
dude, you must be joking. i passed all of the nascar events with all golds & no more than 2 tries per event with a DS3.

As a matter of fact, i found them way too easy...i wish that there were more, mostly because i really dont believe they covered nascar well enough.

Ok man I want to be like you kthxbye.

@The rest: yeah thanks it finally worked after....30(?) tries.
@The guy with the video: That one was rather easy, I'm talking about the Daytona race where you have to drive at the right side of the cones. But thanks anyway!

Edit: I see the video is showing all challenges, thanks ^^
 
Back