What the hell is up with penalties in the Nürburgring weekly race?

• Thread starter Bert98
  • 5 comments
Italy
Italy
I love this track, and I'm a farly clean racer. Before last week's Interlagos carnage i was SR S for quite some time, even though my ratings aren't very stable.
The point is, I'm not a dirty driver, I don't brake check and don't dive bomb like a madman, so I have no business staying among people who do.

Sure, my racecraft isn't the best, I can be a bit clumsy sometimes, I outbreak myself a couple times a day, but I never got disqualified from a race because of penalties. Until tonight.

I just got disqualified from 2 races in a row at the Nürburgring, for "too many collisions". I'll let you be the judge of that, especially on race 2, where I didn't have a single penalty for collisions up until that point.

Race 1: - sure, I'll give you this one, I could've left a bit more space both times I got a penalty, but, I don't think I deserved that DQ

Race 2: - I really don't understand this one. Honestly, if you can tell me what caused me to get DQd, please do because I'm lost.

Race 1: - sure, I'll give you this one, I could've left a bit more space both times I got a penalty, but, I don't think I deserved that DQ
You got hit with SR downs for collisions at 1'54, 5'10, 8'41 (which got you the warning) and, finally, 14'23.
I really don't understand this one. Honestly, if you can tell me what caused me to get DQd, please do because I'm lost.
You were disqualified because you were disqualified in the previous race, which put you on the last-chance naughty step for that race. At 11'54 the green Jaguar tapped your rear, giving you an orange SR Down arrow and thus creating "an incident" that you were involved in and disqualifying you.

You got hit with SR downs for collisions at 1'54, 5'10, 8'41 (which got you the warning) and, finally, 14'23.

You were disqualified because you were disqualified in the previous race, which put you on the last-chance naughty step for that race. At 11'54 the green Jaguar tapped your rear, giving you an orange SR Down arrow and thus creating "an incident" that you were involved in and disqualifying you.

So, what does that mean? I can't do the race anymore because I'm on the "naughty list"?

So, what does that mean? I can't do the race anymore because I'm on the "naughty list"?
No, you just need to have a clean race somewhere and it'll go away.

Although I'm not sure why it didn't warn you right from the start of that second race - it ought to, and I'm not aware of any other instances of it not doing so.

No, you just need to have a clean race somewhere and it'll go away.

Although I'm not sure why it didn't warn you right from the start of that second race - it ought to, and I'm not aware of any other instances of it not doing so.
Ok but when was this introduced? I had never even seen that warning before last night, and I've had races with a lot more contact

It is a bug cause it works not correctly. Like you've said, in some races i got a lot of orange SR down notifications and nothing is happend.....In other races i got the Disqualify warning right after the start. This feature should be removed.

Back