What the **** is a gutsy player?!

United States
USA! USA!
Do the ESPN broadcasters say the most inane things ever said sometimes? It seems every player is making a gutsy performance according to these dolts.

Pedro Martinez throws 130 pitches. Whoa that's gutsy. Let's compare him to a war hero!

****ing idiots.

The end.

Yes, ESPN, especially "Sports Center" have used their witty sayings for quite some time now.

I guess they have put "gutsy" in place of "hurculean."

"It was a hurculean effort."

However, they have had some really neat ones in the past. Stewart Scott in particularly.

"I'm as cool as the other side of the pillow."

"I play my enemies like a game of chess."

"I should be butter, cus I'm on a roll."

"The Bismark was sunk by a Steamin Cleveland." Oh wait, Stewart didn't say that.

Either way, a baseball player can't be heroic. Well, unless he saves someone's life or something along those lines.

Stuart Scott owns me a cheap whore. That makes little sense.

The only way a baseball player can be heroic is if he makes a diving catch that prevents the ball from hitting a land mine.

Wait, how do you get being heroic, from the word "gutsy?" I don't see your correlation. :confused:

Gutsy=war hero? :confused:

I can see baseball and "gutsy" being like this:

1. Man makes a diving catch at the warning track.
2. Crowding the plate against Randy Johnson. (Could also be considered stupid.)
3. Catcher going for a foul ball even though he's dangerously close to the dugout.

That to me is "gutsy" in the game of baseball, and the game of baseball is what ESPN is talking about. Not Normandy and Omaha Beach gutsy.

Latest Posts

Back