What the Jebus did I just see?!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Danny
  • 11 comments
  • 785 views

Danny

Code Red
Premium
Messages
24,137
United Kingdom
Scarfolk
Messages
Grim10
Messages
Are you kidding?
Check dis.

I've been out today, but on my travels I saw a car that made me stop, and I would love for someone to help me ID it.

It was a Mazda of some description.

The front fascia was similar to the Mazda2 but stretched quite a bit.
It looked to be about the size of a Vectra, and the rear lights were quite high up.

Any ideas?

Here's a Mazda2 for reference.
2008mazda2.jpg
 
Sure it was a Mazda? Was it a Toyota Will VS?

af_0101007.jpg
 
Rue
Sure it was a Mazda? Was it a Toyota Will VS?

af_0101007.jpg

Nope. :(

I didn't pay much attention to the badge because the rest of it was so awesome, but the front was almost identical to the Mazda2. So I'm thinking maybe a 2 in a time warp or Chinese knockoff? But we don't get those here... and it was definately a sedan.

Another theory- someone bolted a 2 front onto something bigger?

Wikipedia isn't helping :scared:
 
Doubt it was Chinese. They never make it out of China even. Maybe something Korean? Or Japanese domestic market. That's why I suggested the WiLL. How many doors did it have?
 
Rue
Doubt it was Chinese. They never make it out of China even. Maybe something Korean? Or Japanese domestic market. That's why I suggested the WiLL. How many doors did it have?


Google has come good!

MAZDA_ATENZA_.jpg

That's the bugger.

No wonder I couldn't find it on Wikipedia, it's squirreled away at the bottom of the Mazda 6 page. :lol:

Thanks for the help Rue.👍
 
Mother that's sexy! What colour was the one you saw?
 
Maybe a Mazda Verisa? Here is a picture:

Image:2004_Mazda_Verisa_01.jpg


edit: Not only does the picture not work, but you have the car. "WANT!"
 
Rue
Mother that's sexy! What colour was the one you saw?

As I recall, it was blue-ish grey-y silver.


Edit: This colour!
peugeot-206-lx-moonstone.jpg
 
We're not getting that 6 in the US. :grumpy: We're getting a new one on a heavily updated 1G platform. Good ol' Ford.
 
We're not getting that 6 in the US. :grumpy: We're getting a new one on a heavily updated 1G platform. Good ol' Ford.

They're doing it AGAIN!?!?!?!?

When will they learn that they can't recycle platforms for 30 years anymore?
 
The Mondeo platform was never meant for US Consumption. It would be too expensive to compete.
 
The Mondeo platform was never meant for US Consumption. It would be too expensive to compete.
Making a bunch of the same thing is always cheaper than having to develop two seperate designs, and all the facilities needed to produce two different designs.

Obviously I know more about business operations than they do.
 
Back