What the!?

• Thread starter 4DSC
  • 6 comments
Sabachka
Just threw in GT2 for kicks into the PS2 after not seeing it for many many years, and I think there might be something wrong.. I understand that my brain might be a bit spoiled from many years of GT4, but I mean come on.. I don't remember it looking THIS bad. PS1 didn't have such bad graphics and the GT series actually utilized the PS1's power pretty good. It was actually pretty nice, now the game looks like garbage. Honestly, I think Mario for Nintendo looks better. Could my PS2 be making it look worse then it really is? It also runs kinda slow during the races. As if the cars are driving 2mph the whole time. Cause Im seeing some of your screen shots posted up here, and it looks alot better then my GT2. Am I going crazy? :)

I think peoples screenshots are coming from the emulated pc version. Hence why it looks nice.

Though I do agree that nowadays GT2 looks shockingly awful.

Though I do agree that nowadays GT2 looks shockingly awful.
Yeah, that's true, but PS1 was made back in 1997?.. So that's not very surprising ^^ Although several PSX emulator filters can make it look better even now.

dde680869b99.jpg

b0fece303664.jpg

b604076d5092.jpg

Wow definatly looks alot better for the emulators. Howd you stack those Skylines up like that? LAN? I guess I just don't remember how bad it really looked.

GT/GT2 doesn't look that bad after 10 minutes. I've heard that some people use "texture smoothing" or something like that for the PS2 Options, but I can't tell the difference.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Unfortunately, the loading/saving times of GT2 aren't improved on a PS2.

I use the texture smoothing and disk mapping but it really doesnt make a difference ...

But Gt2 still looks fine to me, i dont care about graphics and crap ...

Latest Posts

Back