What the...

Austria
Vienna
bmw123_
OK, I know I just started a thread in this section, but now I have played GT1 for 2 days and I am like WTF?!?!
I did Qualifying for the Clubman Cup, did an 1:30 laptime at Autumn ring ang got last with the first (an Impreza) 5 secs ahead...
So I thought I could improve my laptimes with buying a new suspension and some training... after that I got back to the Qualifying, got 5secs better and what do I see? The leading Impreza did the lap another 4 secs faster... seriously, a bug or only because I bought the new suspension??

The qualifying in GT1 is messed up.
Sometimes you'll destroy them in qualifying, and then they check out during the race.

And sometimes they are aliens in qualifying, and you'll beat them easily.

Well, at first I tried and I am still not very good, so I missed... then I did the Sunday Cup again and had enough money to tune my 1991 R32 up to 514hp, with a new tranny and a decent suspension tune... I did it, but it was very close:)
Thanks for the answer!!!;)

In the easier series the AI basically waits for you when you mess up, so it's your final effort that is the most important. That is, many of my early races were (using an absurdly over-powered car) a sequence of getting ahead, with AI likely staying close behind, and then messing up, and then catching up with my extra power. If I managed to stay ahead in the last sequence before the finish, then I won.

And, yes, it makes it difficult to determine the goal times for particular events when you lose. Because the AI have waited at least a little bit for you.

And they may apply a similar calculation to qualifying (which is basically randomization around pre-set times). For harder series, I think the qualifying times tend to be more consistent, but do not necessarily match the performance of the AI in the race. (Because the times are just derived from a randomization around a value not really related to the car's characteristics, although in each series there seems to be a "ranking" applied to all the entrants so that they tend to qualify in the same order. However, in the case of at least one event (Hard-Tuned Series, Clubman II), there was a gross error in the qualifying time parameter).

Last edited:
Back