What to do to EFFECTIVELY report a player?

• Thread starter Werneckluk
  • 96 comments
First of all, I'm glad you've chosen to engage properly here.

I did:
I think he made a dim move that I wouldn't have made, but he's entirely permitted to do it. He was the lead car, there was no overlap, and he was entitled to position his car where he wanted in order to make that corner.

As the following car it's your responsibility to avoid the collision and you didn't because you didn't account for the movement.

That's absolutely fine. Everyone makes mistakes.

What you did was lose your rag totally, start swearing about how bad a driver he was, miss the fact you were taken out by a different driver, and then you were so wound up by it that you dropped the car all by yourself on the next race because you were behind the same driver.

That doesn't help you.

As I said; however you also raged out at him in the lobby chat and if you'd been on the same bit of track as him in the same race I don't doubt you'd have gone vigilante... on the wrong guy.

Again, this doesn't help you.

Tons. There's a lot of boneheads out there.

The problem is that in the heat of the moment, you might not perceive everything correctly - and even if you do, taking revenge is difficult without collateral damage.

That applies to the two people you crashed into at Trial Mountain, trying to chase down a guy you blamed for ramming you off at T1 on the last lap of the previous race (which he didn't do) that you had already taken out at T1 on the first lap of that race. They weren't involved. They didn't get a clean race from you. Imagine if they'd retaliated.

Just for reference, we don't do naming and shaming here, so please don't specifically refer to usernames that have angered you.

Yes, I saw. Do you know what precipitated that?

The guy who qualified at the back was the Toyota FT-1 driver you drove into in the two gifs above. That was your first interaction with him on that stream; he had been among the cars coming past you when you hit that GT-R earlier, but he didn't touch you.

After the race, you called him out as dirty, trash, cheater, and told him to "watch ur 6". He didn't do anything; I watched the whole race. His buddy messaged you and said that you "might want to shut your mouth". You said "or what".

That got you on the ****list for two guys starting behind you running A+ pace of 1:22s, and when you joined the lobby you typed that he was dirty. Honestly not a surprise they gave you no respect on track after that (although I didn't see the guy in the matt black BMW do anything too untoward, I stopped watching at that point).

In effect, you talked yourself into it based on a misconception and a rage response.

You also appeared on an A+, World Finalist streamer's live stream on Twitch. I'm sure you remember the incident, which was 100% not your fault: you were punted into him, pushing him off, and then gave the place back (although next time be a lot more to the left! He had to go off-track to pass).

On his stream he said, of you, "I know he was trying to give the place back, but it was silly in the first place".

Again, that incident was absolutely not your fault. But in the heat of the moment, all he saw was you hitting him. That was his misconception, and it would have been totally unfair to rage out on you in response.

If you wouldn't like being treated like a perpetrator on mistaken identity, you should consider not doing it to others.

Nobody - but they're winding you up, and it worked.

I mean, I haven't. I've given you as much advice as I can on the subject. And that's really what GTPlanet is about.

I would avoid having the chat messages read out though. This sort of multitasking isn't for everyone and I think it's distracting you. Again, no shame to that: I couldn't concentrate on my racing with chat messages popping up every few seconds and being read out.

Skål.
Skål!!!!!!! I'm trying guys I know you don't know me and you can't tell but I'm doing the best I can with all my ND issues. And my Tourette's I dont expect you guys to understand it or what' it's like or to not think I'm just making excuses but I really am trying the best I can :(

I'm doing the best I can with all my ND issues.
Trust me when I say you are far from the only neurodiverse person on here, or indeed on GT.

I think it's actually more common in avid gamers than in general population, although that probably shouldn't come as a surprise because games often give us clear, defined goals and rewards that life doesn't... and they are usually created by neurodiverse people :lol:

First of all, I'm glad you've chosen to engage properly here.

I did:
I think he made a dim move that I wouldn't have made, but he's entirely permitted to do it. He was the lead car, there was no overlap, and he was entitled to position his car where he wanted in order to make that corner.

As the following car it's your responsibility to avoid the collision and you didn't because you didn't account for the movement.

That's absolutely fine. Everyone makes mistakes.

What you did was lose your rag totally, start swearing about how bad a driver he was, miss the fact you were taken out by a different driver, and then you were so wound up by it that you dropped the car all by yourself on the next race because you were behind the same driver.

That doesn't help you.

As I said; however you also raged out at him in the lobby chat and if you'd been on the same bit of track as him in the same race I don't doubt you'd have gone vigilante... on the wrong guy.

Again, this doesn't help you.

Tons. There's a lot of boneheads out there.

The problem is that in the heat of the moment, you might not perceive everything correctly - and even if you do, taking revenge is difficult without collateral damage.

That applies to the two people you crashed into at Trial Mountain, trying to chase down a guy you blamed for ramming you off at T1 on the last lap of the previous race (which he didn't do) that you had already taken out at T1 on the first lap of that race. They weren't involved. They didn't get a clean race from you. Imagine if they'd retaliated.

Just for reference, we don't do naming and shaming here, so please don't specifically refer to usernames that have angered you.

Yes, I saw. Do you know what precipitated that?

The guy who qualified at the back was the Toyota FT-1 driver you drove into in the two gifs above. That was your first interaction with him on that stream; he had been among the cars coming past you when you hit that GT-R earlier, but he didn't touch you.

After the race, you called him out as dirty, trash, cheater, and told him to "watch ur 6". He didn't do anything; I watched the whole race. His buddy messaged you and said that you "might want to shut your mouth". You said "or what".

That got you on the ****list for two guys starting behind you running A+ pace of 1:22s, and when you joined the lobby you typed that he was dirty. Honestly not a surprise they gave you no respect on track after that (although I didn't see the guy in the matt black BMW do anything too untoward, I stopped watching at that point).

In effect, you talked yourself into it based on a misconception and a rage response.

You also appeared on an A+, World Finalist streamer's live stream on Twitch. I'm sure you remember the incident, which was 100% not your fault: you were punted into him, pushing him off, and then gave the place back (although next time be a lot more to the left! He had to go off-track to pass).

On his stream he said, of you, "I know he was trying to give the place back, but it was silly in the first place".

Again, that incident was absolutely not your fault. But in the heat of the moment, all he saw was you hitting him. That was his misconception, and it would have been totally unfair to rage out on you in response.

If you wouldn't like being treated like a perpetrator on mistaken identity, you should consider not doing it to others.

Nobody - but they're winding you up, and it worked.

I mean, I haven't. I've given you as much advice as I can on the subject. And that's really what GTPlanet is about.

I would avoid having the chat messages read out though. This sort of multitasking isn't for everyone and I think it's distracting you. Again, no shame to that: I couldn't concentrate on my racing with chat messages popping up every few seconds and being read out.

Skål.
Famine the problem is I don't know or understand how I engaged wrong in the first place :( and what I did different this time. I'm sorry but my brain has to have things very black and white and clear and direct for me to get it. Also my chat reader on my stream works for me because I'm not a very good reader and words get mixed up and letters backwards so my chat reader helps me and keeps me in tune with my subscribers or ide be lost and frustrated and have no subscribers. And I do this not just for the fun but to also help keep food on the table

Ok so I know now that you don't like names used here so he will know who he is by the letters. K B. I'm sorry for our interaction on track very bad day to say the least but I look forward to the next race we can do together again. I'm not proud of my driving that day with you so I say I'm sorry hope we can put this in the rear view and race on SKAL!!!!!

Ok so I know now that you don't like names used here so he will know who he is by the letters. K B.
...that's quite easy to figure out though :lol:
I'm sorry for our interaction on track very bad day to say the least but I look forward to the next race we can do together again. I'm not proud of my driving that day with you so I say I'm sorry hope we can put this in the rear view and race on SKAL!!!!!
Good for you buddy! Keep calm and race on.

Ok so I know now that you don't like names used here so he will know who he is by the letters. K B. I'm sorry for our interaction on track very bad day to say the least but I look forward to the next race we can do together again. I'm not proud of my driving that day with you so I say I'm sorry hope we can put this in the rear view and race on SKAL!!!!!
It's water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned, there's no need to apologize or explain yourself further.

It wasn't my intention for anyone to seek you out and/or harass your live stream, I was just sharing an experience with the community but I apologize that it happened. Additionally, I wasn't aware of your condition and will be mindful of it moving forward.

Hopefully you're able to stick around and find community with GTPlanet.

Last edited:
Back