What to do with GTPSP cars when GT5 arrives?!

• Thread starter mavryk_gt
  • 18 comments
United Kingdom
Driving Seat
mavryk1982
Mostly 'finished' GTPSP just collecting the lesser lusted after cars but was wondering how the car transfer works in GT5. If you collect most of the cars in GTPSP then surely the challenge of unlocking and buying cars in GT5 has gone because you will have a garage full from day one.

Yes I know there will be newer models over GTPSP but if there's just under 1000 cars in GT5 and you have a garage of over 800 in GTPSP there won't be much to do in March...

Also do you think there will be a 'Damage Repair' bill, at least that way you will have SOMETHING to spend those hard earned credits on!

I will not be transferring nothing to GT5! I will be starting from scratch, like i have with all the other GT games!!

I think if the game allows you to transfer just one car at a time, as opposed to the whole garage, then I would probably allow myself to transfer one car once I'm a certain percentage through. I would never do it straight out of the box, that takes the fun out of buying your first car.

But on the whole I probably won't transfer any if all the cars from PSP are going to be in GT5 anyway.

Use them!!!

Ive been waiting forever for gt5 as it is. I dont think im missing out if I transfer cars, I still have to earn licenses and use less powerfull cars in the early days.

There are already allot of kick ass cars that are ready to be driven in arcade so its not like im ruining a big surprise. The cars are just in my garage from the get go. All the really cool stuff needs to be unlocked from races and challenges.

I hoping you can transfer your cars at any time. If so then I will wait a few days before I transfer my GTPSP collection over to Gran Turismo 5.

I will probably make 2 accounts, a GTP one with all the cars for on-line play and my Northstar3914 one will be normal gameplay one where I start from scratch.

I will probably make 2 accounts, a GTP one with all the cars for on-line play and my Northstar3914 one will be normal gameplay one where I start from scratch.

2nd'd

Frankly, as soon as I figure out the money maker races I'll have a full garage in a week anyways though...

I'm definitely going to transfer the cars. I plan on starting the game with a cheap car as usual, but will also have a massive car collection in my garage for online shinanigans and drifting etc....

I like the idea of being able to (hopefully) modify the cars I have acquired on gtpsp once they are transfered to GT5

Will transfer all my cars over. By then, I'll have all 830 on the list. It'll be fun to take those online to compete right away and to check out the interiors of all those cars...especially the race cars, LM's, rally's, and exotics.

I`ll start from scratch and when I have some of the expensive cars in the game 2 lambos and two ferraris at least and some of the fastest GTR spec-v , zr-1 , then I`ll transfer some cars like the veyron or the F1 ferrari to save up some credits toward new cars

I'll transfer them all, driving the interiors of 830 cars in itself will take ages anyway! And will stop you grinding one ar and track in order to purchase them like I did Daytona S9 in GT5P.

For me, the only solution is to have two account. One with all my GTPSP cars and a serious one. The GTPSP account will be good for racing online but it loses all the fun of having to work my way to the top from nothing. The other account (the serious one) is what GT is all about and for someone like me who has had every edition, including tourist trophy, that's what I buy the game for!

Am i the only one who think this transferring cars issue is kinda lame..i mean who wants to start with the fastest car from the get go..seems like such a waste..

I for one will not be transferring any cars when i get GT5.

I just want to race! Career mode takes to long! It's been 3 years and I haven't had the patience to finish GT4 (20%, lol). Besides, GT5 is gonna have all the newer models (370Z, new TT, new M3, etc.)

I will import all my cars the way i see it it's not cheating or anything like that, i earned the money to buy the cars. The fun part for me in GT games is getting gold in all licences and simply winning all the races. Also I will only use cars that seem affordable for each race so the only "advantage" i would have is already having the car which is nothing you wouldn't gain from repeating races to buy new cars anyway.

I still don't know how this transfer works. It is that you transfer one car at a time or the whole PSP garage? What about your credits? If we can transfer the whole garage in one go, i will certainly have 2 accounts as well.

I have always collected cars in GT i have never really traded from others so I will start at the start and go from there.

In terms of GTPSP I used the garage transfer to get my cars from my PSP 1000 Savegame to my go save as I did not want to have the game at day blah blah blah , I am now on something like day 130 and have a garage of 230+ including all special car colours.

Back