What tools!

  • Thread starter Thread starter exigeracer
  • 9 comments
  • 708 views
Messages
5,987
http://www.my914-6.com/crap/

The pictures speak for themselves. Dropped off the car at a Goodyear service show for new tires. He also informed them where they had to lif the car with a 4-point. Turns out they didn't read the manual at all and crunch!
 
Florida plates. I think I've seen that car before.

How did it happen?
 
And thats why I always go into the garage with the guys when they change wheels and tires on my car. Admittedly, its not an Elise, but I still like to watch them, make sure they torque crap correctly, and do the air pressure right an so on. Plus having it up on the 4 pt gives me a good chance to inspect the underbody of the car.

They really don't listen to you half the time either. Some guy gave me crap when I requested different tire pressures for the front and rear. Didn't think it mattered.

And if I was this guy, I would've been pretty damn pissed. And demanding. Heck, I am irritated that they damaged an Elise, its like my fav car thats not a Toyota.
 
They're pretty lucky someone wasn't behind the back end when the car came down. Its stupidity and ignorance mixed with arrogance that gets people killed in situations that never should have happened like this one. The shops insurance company should fix it the problems, but by the looks of it, the back end of the frame/body is bent or twisted, which means you wouldn't get me back in the car if you paid me.

You go in for new tires and walk out with a new Elise. Thank you Mr Goodyear! :lol:
 
His father in law is the owner of the shop, so he can't do much complaining. The insurance will cover it all. There is no structural problems, but it does need several new body pieces and diffuser parts. Repairs should come out to about 20,000$ for parts and service, plus he'll get a rental car for the duration of the repairs and compensation for loss of value.
 
That makes me sick.... :crazy:
 
Thats a sad sad sight...
 
Ow! it hurts.. poor Elise.. I can feel her pain..
 
lol o dear im so glad the guy at garage nearest me had same car as mine and knows em very well :D
 
haha. pull the front wheel off and weeee over she goes. tail heavy little girl isnt she. i mean yeah they placed the jacks wrong but still. Nice smooth underbody though.
 
Back