What tracks from PS1/2 era would you like to see return?

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 12 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Zealand
New Zealand
MHFanatik
Counting both fictional and real circuits.
For real ones - Infineon is one my all time favorites, it's very tight and keeps you on your toes at all times.
Fictional - GT4 Chamonix was my favorite track for drifting, same for Tahiti Maze, it just had a unique flow and atmosphere to it. City tracks like Seattle, Paris, New York and others would look amazing with PS4 graphics with ToD and Weather transitions.
What are some of your favorites that went missing during PS3 era, but you'd like to see return in either full remake form or even straight port?

Yeah, I also love Infineon. :) Chamonix, too. NOT Ice Arena though. 👎 Hated that track.

From GT1: Super Stage Route 11. This track had it all: complexity, walls to inch by, yet also some beautiful curves and a very long straight area. And lots of bruised egos.

From GT2: definitely Rome Night, a track which never got its due in this game, since it could only be raced in Arcade mode, or randomy via this game's 'Racing Generator'. The regular version of Rome would also be fun. It's better than the GT5 track.

From GT3: Hmm... I can't even remember this game much, lol.

From GT4: Infineon (as mentioned). But also Costa di Amalfi, El Capitan! I loved El Capitan's scenery, and its flow.

From GT2, 3, and 4: Seattle. :)

Last edited:
Gran Turismo 2

Tahiti Road

Gran Turismo 3

Complex String
Midfield Raceway
Seattle

Gran Turismo 4

New York
George V Paris
Opera Paris
Infineon Stock Car Circuit
Grand Canyon
Tahiti Maze

Wow, I totally forgot about Mid-field.

Most people hated George V and Opera, but I liked them for their challenge and scenery.

Wow, I totally forgot about Mid-field.

Most people hated George V and Opera, but I liked them for their challenge and scenery.
I hated them when I first got GT4 but doing DTM race over and over again has made Opera grow on me. I use Midfield as my go to testing track so it better come to GT7. It's my favourite race track In The Wooooorld

I hated them when I first got GT4 but doing DTM race over and over again has made Opera grow on me. I use Midfield as my go to testing track so it better come to GT7. It's my favourite race track In The Wooooorld

The Paris tracks were extremely unforgiving, and for this reason, most people ranted against them. But they are just like any other track, as you and I both found; once you learn them in detail, it becomes possible to smoke them, just like any other track.

I'll never forget the lol moments at Opera though, when some car(s) would crash into a wall before the race even began!

Last edited:
The Paris tracks were extremely unforgiving, and for this reason, most people ranted against them. But they are just like any other track, as you and I both found; once you learn them in detail, it becomes possible to smoke them, just like any other track.

I'll never forget the lol moments at Opera though, when some car(s) would crash into a wall before the race even began.
I raged when the autodrive AI made me spin around before the race began around the corner on Opera, but it's a fun track in most cars.

I am totally on board with missing Seattle. I am also from Sonoma County so Sears Point(Infineon) is one I like to race on as well.

GT1:

Special Stage Route 11 (With GT3 variant as well)

GT2:

Tahiti Road
Tahiti Dirt Route 3
Tahiti Maze
Seattle Circuit
Seattle Short
Rome Night

GT3:

Midfield Raceway

GT4:

Infineon Sportscar Course (AKA Sonoma Raceway now that Infineon's sponsorship has ended)
El Capitan
Hong Kong
Costa Di Almifi
Città di Aria
Grand Canyon

El Capitan.
Complex String.
Chamonix.
Seattle.
Citta di Aria.
Costa di Almfi.
Red rock.