What type of EVO did everybody use for EVO Cup's

  • Thread starter Thread starter jward24
  • 26 comments
  • 993 views
Messages
32
Hi i am having troubles completing the evolution cups and was wondering which evos your using.I have tried 2,tommy makinen edition which you can buy and a vII editon.Which one did you use and what was its specs/tune specs.
 
I tried using an EVO IV with 284hp that I had won somewhere but I just couldnt do it, I know there are some hardcore EVO fans out there but that car is pure garbage. I then won an EVO VII that I barely souped up at all. It had about 440hp when I beat all of the EVO Cups
 
vi rs
vii rs
v gsr
vi gsr
vii gsr

yea i dig evo's :D
 
I used evo VI RS

see my attachment :D
 

Attachments

  • evo.jpg
    evo.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 65
I ran an EVO VI GSR. Super Slicks and an oil change.

I had just run the Trial Mtn. Enduro in it, so I was quite familiar with it's abilities. I posted 1-1.5 second wins over the AI.

In the Amateur, I ran the Evo Rally Prototype. At this point the AI cheats, so I simply went for a fast win. My three wins were by 0.975; 1.204; and 0.971 second margins.

When you are leading, the AI gets a boost, so that they stay less than two seconds behind you. So at this point, It's not about a fast car, but about running a clean race.

AO
 
I can't remember if I've run the Amateur Evo Meeting, but for the beginner meeting I used an Evo VI RS. It's the lightest of all Evos. If I recall correctly, I had weight reduction and racing suspensio/transmission at that point, but no turbo upgrades.
 
I used the mine's lancer evo 6 and it was alright, though i am not a lancer fan, and the worst evo i have driven is either the 4 or 7 i ain't so sure which one i hated more.
 
Does anyone know what the difference between GSR and RS is? Of course someone does, but I am guessing that the RS models are like the bone stock lighter weight models that someone might prep for rallying? What is the difference? One thing I noticed is that the RS models have a narrower wheelbase.
 
jward24 ive done it with all the ones i listed, basicly all but iv gsr and rally versions
 
Tommi Makinen all the way...The lancers are my favorite cars in the game and in life...
 
Originally posted by Sk8rKiD
Tommi Makinen all the way...The lancers are my favorite cars in the game and in life...

I found them to be pretty sluggish stock and they have a very slow reacting steering feel, maybe I will get them back out again and see what I think now.
 
For my previous gamesave, I used the LANCER Evolution VII Rally Car Prototype. I used it as-given (0 mi, 301 hp) for both the Amateur and Beginner League Evolution races (I did the Amateur races first).

The results for the Amateur League came in as follows... (Starting Position) Vehicle = Total Race Time

AMATEUR/Evolution Meeting: 6 LAPS @ Mid-Field Raceway II [2.235mi] (+10000)
(6)LANCER Evolution VII Rally Car Prototype = 8.05.962
(3)LANCER Evolution VII GSR(J) = 8.06.639
(1)LANCER Evolution V GSR(J) = 8.07.820
(4)LANCER Evolution VI GSR T.M.E.(J) = 8.08.150
(2)LANCER Evolution VI GSR(J) = 8.09.202
(5)LANCER Evolution VI GSR T.M.E. = 8.09.311

AMATEUR/Evolution Meeting: 4 LAPS @ Special Stage Route 11 [2.834mi] (+10000)
(6)LANCER Evolution VII Rally Car Prototype = 8.31.245
(3)LANCER Evolution VII GSR(J) = 8.32.444
(4)LANCER Evolution VI GSR T.M.E. = 8.33.862
(5)LANCER Evolution IV GSR(J) = 8.34.183
(2)LANCER Evolution VI GSR T.M.E.(J) = 8.35.555
(1)LANCER Evolution VI GSR(J) = 8.35.562

AMATEUR/Evolution Meeting: 5 LAPS @ Tokyo Route 246 [3.182mi] (+10000)
(6)LANCER Evolution VII Rally Car Prototype = 9.22.095
(2)LANCER Evolution VII GSR(J) = 9.22.809
(1)LANCER Evolution VI GSR T.M.E. (stripe,J) = 9.24.041
(5)LANCER Evolution VI GSR(J) = 9.24.122
(4)LANCER Evolution V GSR(J) = 9.24.776
(3)LANCER Evolution IV GSR(J) = 9.26.000

The margins of victory for the Beginner League races ranged from 3-6 seconds.

... Has anyone else noticed you get more prize money for finishing 4th than you do for 3rd in the Beginner/Evolution??? It's not just a "mis-type" in the race's information screen.. you actually do get 500 more Cr for letting 3rd place pass you by.

Anyway, The Evo VII Rally Car Prototype is enough to win, without any mods. I must mention that it took multiple attempts to beat the AI @ Mid-Field..

I have yet to run these races for my current gamesave...

Have a great drive everyone!

Hazzard
 
Evo VI RS... it's the lightest, cheapest, and fastest you're going to find. Mod-wise, remember the following chain and you'll do fine... tires -> weight -> drivetrain -> suspension -> power.
 
why is it have to been in that order?
Because those things maximize the effectiveness of the car by concentrating the money spent on where it will do the most good. Though I would probably put 'suspension' ahead of 'drivetrain' in my list.

Tires are the interface between your car and the road. Good tires will maximize the performance of the car in any state of tune, and bad tires will cripple a good car, in any state of tune. Always buy at least T2s (super slicks). I never go softer than T4s (medium slicks) because they do not last long enough in races where tire wear is counted, and I do not want to get in the habit of relying on the extra grip of softer tires.

Weight is the enemy. All of the stock systems in your car will do a better job, if they have less work to do. Their 'work' is to haul the mass of the car around the track as quickly as possible. If they have less mass to haul, they can haul it more quickly. I always do at least Lightweight 2 on any car that is not required to stay stock.

Suspension is second only to tires, and is the next link in the chain between car and road. Suspension allows you to use speed efficiently by maximizing the amount of grip the car has. More grip = faster corners = faster laps. A great example of this is Gil, who beat the Monaco Enduro using the piddly little Lupo Cup car. He was at a large power disadvantage, but he could carry a much faster average speed through the turns - giving him the win over much 'better' cars. I ran the Clio racecar at the Seattle Enduro, and beat the Corvette Z06 and Viper GTS by 2+ laps. I had less power, but I was able to use it better thanks to the car's handling.

Drivetrain is important because it is the largest part of how to get the power to the ground. Most cars in GT3 have plenty of power, and it is a matter of using it well. It also has effects on both ends: in traction (LSD and gearing) and in power (gearing and clutch/flywheel/driveshaft). Note that adjustable gearing - the racing transmission - is effective in both of those examples, which makes it the #1 drivetrain priority.

Power comes last, because it is dependent on all the other systems for its effectiveness. Everything else determines how efficiently the available power is used, so they should be up to the task of handling the stock power output before you ask them to handle more. To get the most out of the car, get everything else working properly before adding power - because then you also get the most out of the extra power.

Many people cut right to the power mods, because they hide a multitude of other problems in the car, and in the driver's ability. Enough power overkill can beat the Beginner and Amateur races by brute force. But that won't help on the Time Trials and License Tests, where the cars are stock, or on Professional series, where the competition AI cars are maxed out as well.

Good luck. And welcome to GTP! Look around, and ask questions. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here. Check out Der Alta's writeup series, and also at the tunings board.
 
Originally posted by 12sec. Civic
Does anyone know what the difference between GSR and RS is? Of course someone does, but I am guessing that the RS models are like the bone stock lighter weight models that someone might prep for rallying? What is the difference? One thing I noticed is that the RS models have a narrower wheelbase.

Yea the RS is the stock version of the rally cars...
 
I found the Evo 7 to be the best handling of them all.
 
I hate the Evo 7...They messed up when they designed it...The Evo VI is the best of all the Lancers...
 
I think I used the :mitsu: Evo Makinen... Most fully tuned and set up should do it? :smilewink
 
Guess you couldn't use a :honda: in that race, huh, Alexy?
 
Back