What tyres are you using in the Ferrari F1 events?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TwinturboCH
  • 7 comments
  • 1,930 views

What tyres are you using for the Ferrari F1 Seasonals?


  • Total voters
    38
  • Poll closed .
Messages
889
Messages
TwinTurboCH
I started off on Race hard and was finding that catching the AI under braking and cornering was too easy.

So I dropped to sports soft. Still catching them under cornering and braking.

Sports medium, catching them under braking but matched in the turns.

Sports hard, catching them ever so slightly under breaking, but losing out ever so slightly in the corners.

I'm now winning on sports hard by between 1 and 2 seconds, and I'm having to fight tooth and nail for every inch of tarmac. I am LOVING this! I really wish PD could have someone do the long bit for us and tell us what tyres to use if we want a PROPER challenge in the first place. LOL

So my question is this...

If you have done the F1 race, what tyres did you use to get the job done? And did you make it hard on yourself or did you try to make it a cake walk?
 
So my question is this...

If you have done the F1 race, what tyres did you use to get the job done? And did you make it hard on yourself or did you try to make it a cake walk?

If you use the F'10 the question is irrelevant due to a tyre bug/glitch. CHs all the way and an easy win.

Edit: I should add, I won with CHs at Tokyo with the F'07 as well (I have not got around to doing the other two tracks), but it was a harder race than the F'10. My laps times should have been much slower for CHs so I am not entirely convinced everything is working as it should be with the F'07 tyre selector either.
 
Last edited:
I kept stepping down from RH to SS then SH for the last event.

In the last event (F2007 btw) I think i ended up spinning twice and still winning by over 10sec so I am planning on trying some comfort tires this weekend. Its ridiculous how early the AI brakes and how slow their apex speeds are...

I am running with all the aids off except ABS1 and I have maxed out the downforce if anyone is wondering.

the only difference i could feel while driving was that the sports tires let out a little scream when you corner at the limit, otherwise im sure they were a bit slower but really, the AI just plain stinks!

Also, what is this F10 tire glitch?
 
Also, what is this F10 tire glitch?
I was lapping in the F'10 with CHs at the same speed as with both SH and RH, so I think that there is a bug whereby the tyre selector just leaves the default RH on unless you choose inters or rain.
 
I was thinking that with the large amounts of downforce on the formula cars the tires in effect turn out to have the same performance since they are getting pushed down on so hard (which isnt true IRL of course) maybe ill take the F2007 out in practice mode and have a 'boo at the g-force traces using different tires.

and always remember, if you're in control you aren't going fast enough!
 
I was lapping in the F'10 with CHs at the same speed as with both SH and RH, so I think that there is a bug whereby the tyre selector just leaves the default RH on unless you choose inters or rain.
What tyre glitch? Only been using the F2007 so far, so not experienced it.

I am running with all the aids off except ABS1 and I have maxed out the downforce if anyone is wondering.
Try with ABS off and normal downforce (as it should be in a F1 car), it makes all the difference ;)
 
I am going to try F1 without ABS, i've been doing it on some other cars and its quite fun.

As for downforce, in real F1 it is adjusted on each track to yield the lowest lap times... which is what i'm doing. It's not my fault if running on Monza in GT5 is faster with high downforce where as in real life you would run minimal amounts!
 
I just used a stock car.
 
Back