What US made car Special edition of GT4 would you like?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LaBounti
  • 21 comments
  • 1,275 views
Messages
5,051
Messages
Labounti
With the Toyota, 350Z , Lupo and now Prius, what US made car do think should have its own special edition of GT4?

My picks: Dodge Neon SRT-4 Edition, special mode: fighting torque steer :)

or: an SVT edition to help its sales.
 
you guys missed the point, he meant what single car that is made in the us would you like to see featured like the prius or z in its own promo way. I would love to see the corvette c6
 
The C6 doesn't even have a concept car yet does it? Maybe I'm wrong, I'm more up to date on TVR's the Chevvy's.
 
Why not wait for the full game, surely far more rewarding than some crappy promo version.
 
There have been some promo versions of GT4. Like if you test drive the Toyota Prius in Japan, they will give a special copy of GT4 where you can ONLY race the Prius. ( dont know how many tracks, i would figure 1 ). I think Subaru had a stand at some car show where you could drive a WRC Impreza in GT4, but once again.. no other cars. So what Labounti is trying to say is... If there was to be a promo version of GT4 for an American car, which would you like it to be?
 
I would say anything corvette as I deem it to be one of the only good american cars. Of course a muscle car would do well also I think.

Edit: Ahh, I just thought about the new CTS-V, it would be great to include that car in GT4 and make a promo version with it.
 
The 350Z is manufactured in Oppama, Japan.

Exclusively.

And by the way, I don't think LaBounti insinuated that any of the Japanese cars he mentioned were manufactured in the US.

Another point: Those cars had their own versions of GT for promotional purposes. What American car manufacturer would be bold (or intelligent) enough to use GT as a marketing tool in the mainstream consumer market (car dealerships and auto shows)?
 
he was probably giving examples of promo version of GT. As for what american car would be good for a demo, itd probably have to be one that is either a great inovation, or one that has alot of hype. right now, im not sure what american cars fall into those catagories.
 
If American manufacturers were smart enough to use GT to promote, I think the new Pontiac Grand Prix Comp G would be an interesting candidate.
 
The new Viper.
 
Originally posted by gt3freak_2001
The 350Z isn't a American made car, its Japenese. It may be manufactured in the US but not developed and actually created in.
Well actually it's designed in America and has a French engine. That's why it sucks so bad...
 
Originally posted by vrmx
Well actually it's designed in America and has a French engine. That's why it sucks so bad...

Oh, so that's why I hate it. :D

I liked the RX-8 much better.
 
Originally posted by vrmx
Well actually it's designed in America and has a French engine. That's why it sucks so bad...
Since when are french engines bad? It's more a Japanese engine and not a french engine. The french engine would have about 340-350 horsepower with that same displacement.. japanese engine is not capable of that. And that's why it sucks so bad :p

BMW Inline-6 3.2L 343 bhp :trouble:
 
French engines are poopy, apart the lump in the R5 turbo, thats a little beast, over 300hp out of a 1.4 .
 
Originally posted by vrmx
Well actually it's designed in America and has a French engine. That's why it sucks so bad...

Its not a french engine you dumb ****. The VQ has been around for nearly 10 years
 
Originally posted by DelBoy
Why not wait for the full game, surely far more rewarding than some crappy promo version.

You cant beat "free" my friend.

I dont know what he was thinking HK. SVT probably needs a promotion like that more then any other in house U.S. tuner.
 
The promo idea would be good but why limit to just american cars, go Japanese and euro plus i don't think that getting a free promo copy of a GT4 demo would want to make me buy an american car. A buddy of mine who interned at a Porsche dealership said they handed out promo copies of NFS: Porsche Unleashed when it came out, it was a quiet publicity stunt to try to get the Boxer sales up. Even though its only the Boxer and 3 tracks its still fun to play and a great idea on Porsches part.
 
Originally posted by rallysport29
The promo idea would be good but why limit to just american cars, go Japanese and euro plus i don't think that getting a free promo copy of a GT4 demo would want to make me buy an american car. A buddy of mine who interned at a Porsche dealership said they handed out promo copies of NFS: Porsche Unleashed when it came out, it was a quiet publicity stunt to try to get the Boxer sales up. Even though its only the Boxer and 3 tracks its still fun to play and a great idea on Porsches part.

You missed the point. Plus I live in the U.S. so why whould I care for international verisons enough to post a topic.
 
your not quite getting the point, these where handed out in the US, so thier wasnt an international version.
 
Back