What view will you use?

• Thread starter RAMburger
  • 29 comments

So, what will be your preferred viewpoint?

• Bumper

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Hood

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Roof

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Chase

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Cockpit

Votes: 33 40.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
United States
United States
c3RAMburger
I've mostly defaulted to Bumper but if Hood looks well-positioned or has optional tweaking I'd like to use that. Cockpit is kinda like Chase to me; a novelty view to marvel at the eye or (hopefully a lot more so this time) ear candy.

Last edited:
I've mostly defaulted to Bumper but if Hood looks well-positioned or has optional tweaking I'd like to use that. Cockpit is kinda like Chase to me; a novelty view to marvel at the eye or (hopefully a lot more so this time) ear candy.

Mods, could you please delete the "'s" in the title? (stupid iPhone auto correct + fat thumbs). Thanks
You can make the correction yourself. On your screen above your first post it should say thread tools. You can make the correction in there.

Mods, could you please delete the "'s" in the title? (stupid iPhone auto correct + fat thumbs). Thanks
I'll use all of them, because why not? :D

As they have now take out the force G simulation effect on pilot head, i will drive the cockpit view . The exception could be for some Le Mans cars like the peugeot that have a very limited lateral field of view due to the structure of the cockpit , very hard to race in the middle of the pack. I think only VR or 3 monitors option can help to drive those cars at 100% .
screenshot_20170906-220940-png.671303

From what I have seen so far it does not appear that Gran Turismo Sport has the full range of cockpit adjustments available as in the sims so I will probably go to hood cam if I get the game.

I'll be sat on top of the bonnet so long as they have a rear view mirror available. I had to change to another view in the beta because seeing what's behind you is rather important

ill say chase cam, ill use cockpit sometimes for that extra immersion. Racing in chase cam gives me a greater sense to position the car and oncoming racers from behind. Cockpit is fun to me becuase i see all the little details inside the car, and it helps me drive better irl. Bumper cam is my worst cam i drive with, its so low, and i cant "feel" the car. ill sorta explain it, i can drive the car, but i have trouble with surroundings on the track, Its a personal problem and its my fault. Roof and hood cam are alright, but they both suffer from my personal problem.

(Preferred)1. Chase cam
2. Cockpit
3. Hood
4.Roof
5. Bumper

Roof and Chase cam.

I've used chase cam ever since I could pick up a controller to play racing games, but I started using GT6's roof cam a while ago and I fell in love. Now, any time a racing game has something similar to it, I use it.

Forever Chase Cam :)

Question did PD really remove camera rotation in chase cam? I remember seeing it when the beta started

They did remove it pretty early on in the beta. The sensitivity was absolutely insane and there was no way to change it. Probably just took it out to adjust it and put the feature back in for launch.

Also I hate not being able to see my car while I'm driving it. The car model might as well not even exist in bumper cam. Chase view all day 'erreday. How else am I supposed to look at my smexy livery?

I do chase cam in pretty much all racing games due to wanting to see my car while driving. If I change to cockpit view, it's usually briefly to see what it looks like on the inside. Chase cam also eliminates the issue I have in thinking that my car is bigger than it actually is. When I drive my car in real life, I tend to get very uncomfortable with needing to park my car in tight spaces, because I'm always afraid it's too small for it. If I stop and look at the car from the outside, then the illusion disappears and I can see that my car would have no problem fitting into that space. Chase cam in racing games renders that a non issue, because I know exactly where my car is in relation to other ones.

I do chase cam in pretty much all racing games due to wanting to see my car while driving. If I change to cockpit view, it's usually briefly to see what it looks like on the inside. Chase cam also eliminates the issue I have in thinking that my car is bigger than it actually is. When I drive my car in real life, I tend to get very uncomfortable with needing to park my car in tight spaces, because I'm always afraid it's too small for it. If I stop and look at the car from the outside, then the illusion disappears and I can see that my car would have no problem fitting into that space. Chase cam in racing games renders that a non issue, because I know exactly where my car is in relation to other ones.
Yup same here :D One of the main reasons i love PCARS the camera rotation in chase cam in that game is the best i seen so far :)

Yup same here :D One of the main reasons i love PCARS the camera rotation in chase cam in that game is the best i seen so far :)
i always use cockpit cam in PCars, because i feel like the camera is being yanked violently every turn like a rollercoaster with the car, so i only use cockpit cam in that game

Bumper cam seems to have the best rear view "mirror", which drives me to that choice when using my 4K TV. GTS appears to put more emphasis on "polite" driving, so rear view must be more of a priority.

If I decide to go VR or back to triple screens, then it'll be cockpit

My triple screen was dismantled when I downsized last December, and theoretically not to be reinstated given the promise of VR. Final decision on VR will be based on the actual implementation

Bumper unless the Cockpit doesn't feel too crowded and restricting. Did not get accepted into the beta so I haven't played it at all yet.

Latest Posts

Back