What was up with Tillman's eyes as shown during the Super Bowl pre-game show?

Digital-Nitrate

1955-2011 R.I.P.
Premium
Messages
6,009
United States
Austin, Texas
Messages
D-Nitrate / GTP_DNitrate
We were watching the pre-game show for the Super Bowl, and near the beginning of Billy Joel's rendition of the National Anthem, they cut over to a shot of Bears star CB, #33 Charles Tillman, and clearly his eyes looked VERY odd. Obviously the cameraman felt the same way, because very quickly he began to focus and zoom in on just Tillman's eyes.

Not only did they appear dilated, but each had a distinguished bright red ring around the pupil. Here is a clip I found on YouTube that includes that shot:



The picture quality from that clip is very poor, but let me tell you, in 1080HD on our 98" screen, it was REALLY creepy... and we all looked at each other and realized we were all thinking the same thing... what drugs is this guy on?
 
I'd love to know what was up with that myself. Watching that in High Def I was a little freaked out - thinking perhaps he was a vampire or some sort of demon spawn.

Very odd.
 
Back