What was your best moment in NFS Hot Pursuit 2 and what was your top 5 favorite car?

• Thread starter MclarenGT
  • 11 comments

Which version was the best version of the game?

• PS2

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • PC

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • XBOX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GAMECUBE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
stiters
My best moment was when I did the CLK GTR challenge in PS2 version,it was very difficult and I had to try it several times before becoming first.And I also remember the F1 Hot Pursuit challenge.
My top 5 favorite cars in the game was as follows
Mclaren F1 LM
Mercedes CLK GTR
Ferrari F50
Lamborghini Murcielago
Lotus Elise

I can't really remember a single best moment, but what a great game. My first Need for Speed, it was great fun running from the police. My favorite tracks were the ones in desert and in the forest.

My favorite cars from the game:

Lamborghini Murcielago
Ferrari 550 Barchetta
Aston Martin Vanquish
Dodge Viper GTS
Corvette Z06

I don't remember a best moment, but I do remember the following:

-Doing the 360-degree camera rotation on the finish line got you tons of XP.

-Flying off one of the slopes and either landing on a car or actually jumping past it in a race.

-Holding one of the police cars or racers to my side and driving them into the end of a guard rail putting them to a complete halt. This guaranteed a win in races.

Favourite cars:

-F1 NFS edition
-Murcielago (this game opened me up to it, but I don't care for the car now)
-Carrera GT
-Elise NFS Edition
-F50 NFS Edition

I have plan on painting one of my model car F1s to have that same colour-shifting paint.

Best moment was on the track outback, I think it was. But it was going through the shortcut through the mine shafts kind of thing. I was in a murcielago and a cop had entered the shortcut right in front of me. Going over the jump I had landed on top of the cop. The cop turned and crashed into the wall in front of the 2nd part of the shortcut, and I slid off the cop and kept going.
Top 5 cars.
Ford TS50
HSV GTS
Aston Martin Vanquish
Ferrari 360 Modena
McLaren f1

ooh i love this game! it was my first Need For Speed and i still have it today. Imo it has the best soundtrack of all the NFS games!

one of the best moments was one of the last races with the Mclaren F1 LM, you had to do 6 laps or so on one of the biggest tracks in the game. good times. i also liked the outback track.

Mclaren F1 LM
Ferrari 550 Barchetta
Jaguar XKR NFS
BMW M5
Lamborghini Diablo

one of the best moments was one of the last races with the Mclaren F1 LM, you had to do 6 laps or so on one of the biggest tracks in the game.

I was bad at this game back then. This event was BRUTAL. I remember being so tense by the 4th lap because one screwup costed me the entire race.

Any moment playing split screen with friends and family is my favorite moments had so much fun doing that back then.

Cars:
Ford TS50
Mclaren F1 LM
Viper GTS
Mustang Cobra R
Porsche 911.

Among all the version I think PS2 one was the best it had better graphics,better physics,more handling choices,better cop chase(you could easily escape cop if you have a Mclaren in PC version but not so in PS2 version) and Mclaren F1 reached near its topspeed in PS2 version something which does not happen in PC,Gamecube or Xbox versions.
Only downside was less number of cop car choice.

I remember in one of the Alpine circuit tracks, (I think it might've been "Alpine Trail") I actually managed to completely jump over a roadblock in a Lamborghini Murcielago off of one of the shortcuts. Pulling that off felt pretty awesome.

My favorite cars:
McLaren F1 NFS Edition (Color Shifting paint blew my mind when I was little)
Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR NFS Edition (The livery on this car was pretty cool looking. Quite the stark contrast to the plain gray base model)
Lamborghini Murcielago (At first preferred the Diablo in this game, but eventually warmed up to this, then-new, supercar)
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R NFS Edition (My favorite Mustang of all time, and it's suped-up with something other than the plain-jane red paint)
Ford TS50 (Awesome Aussie sports saloon)

I don't own NFS HP2, but I've played the GC version, and I'd like to have the PS2 version. I really only remember driving the:

-Lotus Elise
-Vauxhall VX220
-Opel Speedster
-BMW Z8
-Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R

Also, I didn't really have a best moment, if I remember, because I haven't played it in almost five years.

Can we just all agree that this game needs an HD remake for new gen consoles? I mean my god this game is probably in my top 3 racing games of all time I absolutely love it. The tracks, the car list, the championship series and cop mode and oh boy the soundtrack. Nothing screams nostalgia like blasting through outback while build your cages plays in the background. I think my favorite moment would have to be when i was doing a 15 lap event in my F50 and I couldn't finish before we left to go to vegas so instead of turning the console off I just turned the tv off and left it on for about a week, came back and it was right where i left off. Good times.

Can we just all agree that this game needs an HD remake for new gen consoles? I mean my god this game is probably in my top 3 racing games of all time I absolutely love it. The tracks, the car list, the championship series and cop mode and oh boy the soundtrack. Nothing screams nostalgia like blasting through outback while build your cages plays in the background. I think my favorite moment would have to be when i was doing a 15 lap event in my F50 and I couldn't finish before we left to go to vegas so instead of turning the console off I just turned the tv off and left it on for about a week, came back and it was right where i left off. Good times.
Yes,I think this game surely deserves a remake like you said,it would make it a guaranteed purchase for me.But I think they should have big car list like they had in NFSHP2010.

Back