What weight distribution feels best for you ? (FR)

• Thread starter lGNAl
  • 14 comments
65-45 but it does slow you down

Where did the extra 10% weight come from? haha

Most of my FR drift cars are distributed between 60/40 and 50/50.
I just keep whatever ratio I end up with. Can't see any advantage in adding weight to drift cars in gt6.
I never add ballast unless I'm building a 50/50 race car.

Last edited:

I meant 55/45 lol unless from the factory the car is closer to 50/50 then i wouldn't change it

I just keep whatever ratio I end up with. Can't see any advantage in adding weight to drift cars in gt6.

I used to have my Commodore on 59/41 ... After some suggestions here I reduced some weight so I could add some to the back. I added the 60 kg to the back and it feels smoother around corners in circuit drifting. But when I slallom drift I keep it stock.

it feels smoother around corners in circuit drifting.

Sounds pretty subjective. It might better suit your style and ability but I don't think it actually makes for a better drift car. Any extreme front/rear weight distributions can be overcome with proper setup and skill in drifting.

It would be more crucial to have a good side to side weight distribution. I assume this is always 50/50 left/right on all gt6 cars.

I personally like to have less weight in the rear so the rear tyres easily lose grip under braking, thus helping drift initiation. However, distribution coupled with a properly tuned suspension and a good driver yields the best drift; any one of the three by itself does not.

I also drift RUF's RR cars. They have less weight in the front yet they drift just fine. It's almost as if weight distribution is irrelevant. GT6s physics engine isn't sensitive enough for such minor changes to have any profound effect.

Last edited:
I'm going to be hated for this but I like 47:53. I can throw the car in very hard and fast and be very aggressive with 47:53. The most I can stand is 55:45. (DS3 and G27)

I'm going to be hated for this but I like 47:53. I can throw the car in very hard and fast and be very aggressive with 47:53. The most I can stand is 55:45. (DS3 and G27)
In what car(s) do you use this distribution using the wheel?

On the wheel, it would feel really grippy using this distribution, depending on the car of course.

Would have to stiffen rear springs, giv. camber and less toe in.

In what car(s) do you use this distribution using the wheel?

On the wheel, it would feel really grippy using this distribution, depending on the car of course.

Would have to stiffen rear springs, giv. camber and less toe in.
Well I'm a bit new to wheels but my NSX, C7 and BTR all have 47:53 and i like them alot for wheel drifting. Then there is my FXX, F40, 458 Italia, (Ferraris are great for drifting) S2000 GT1 turbo and quite a few others that i love when I'm using my controller. Also, I almost never use toe in. I find toe out helps me tandem with people, especially if I'm in a fast car and they aren't. I use toe in to make slow cars go faster and toe out to make fast cars go slower. My FXX is a perfect example of that, I tuned it to tandem with very slow cars, i.e Soarer, S-chassis, FC RX7s.

Edit: And yes, I know alot of those aren't FR.

My M4 I tune now have 48/52 feel good for initiate and switch but also has much camber for grip reduce :lol: but i like feel of 55/45 to 50/50 most time

Back