What were your favorite/least favorite updates and cars of 2019 in GT Sport?

Favorite update of 2019?

• January 2019 (SSRX, DB3S, Z8, Dino, DC2, 350Z, 356A, GT350, Speed 6)

• March 2019 Pt.1 (Autopolis, MX-5 NA, F1 GTR, SLR McLaren, Huayra, A90 Supra)

• March 2019 Pt.2 (Super Formula, 250 GT SWB, Countach 25th, Stratos)

• April 2019 (TT '03, Fit Hybrid, 962C, R8 Gordini, AE86 Trueno)

• May 2019 (Goodwood Revival Circuit)

• June 2019 (Sardegna Road, Camaro Z28, RB X2019, Clio RS V6, Sports 800, Tundra)

• July 2019 (Civic EK9, S800, D-Type, MX-5 TC, 930 Turbo)

• August 2019 (Red Bull Ring Rain, S2000, 1991 GTO, Silvia S13, GC8 WRX Coupe, AE86 Levin)

• September 2019 (Tokyo East/Central Rain, ZL1 1LE, Stingray XP-87, Super Bee, Ferrari Daytona)

• October 2019 (Spa-Francorchamps, Aventador SV, Demio, AMG Red Pig, Taycan)

• November 2019 (Lewis TT mode, M3 E46, Jag VGT, Amemiya RX-7, CTR3, GT86 Facelift, Supra Gr.4)

• December 2019 (Laguna Seca, 2017 GT, 993 RSCS, Crown Athlete, Mk1 Golf, Safety Cars)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Australia
Melbourne
LotusEvoraGTE
DJ Yuyuko
Had this idea in my head for a while but now that the December update has dropped, I'd like to ask everyone what their thoughts on the updates and cars introduced this year in GT Sport.

I'll probably split it up into multiple different categories:

Best Update of 2019:
Worst Update of 2019:
Top 5 Best Cars of 2019:
Honorable Mentions:
(optional, but this is if you have more than five favorites)
Top 5 Worst Cars of 2019:
Dishonorable Mentions:
(optional, but this is if there were more than five cars that you didn't like at all this year)

I'll start us off:

Best Update of 2019: December 2019, hands down. Laguna Seca and the 2017 Ford GT make for what could very well be one of the best Christmas presents in a while.

Worst Update of 2019: May 2019. One new track and no cars to go with it was pretty lame in retrospect; hopefully we never repeat something like this ever again.

Top 5 Best Cars of 2019:
  1. Dallara SF19 Super Formula - Both of them. Fast, fun, makes for excellent racing and is actually paintable unlike the 2017 Mercedes F1 car. I imagine these might be the top picks for everyone else and I can't say I can blame them on that regard.
  2. Ford GT '17 - I have been expecting this car to drop in GTS for two years now. Imagine my surprise when the silhouette for this car finally showed up a couple of weeks ago (this will be a recurring theme). And honestly? It lives up to expectations, personally it's great in N700, it deserves its spot in this game and I hope we see more cars like it in 2020.
  3. Lamborghini Aventador SV '15 - Another one of the cars that took me by surprise when Kaz dropped it in his teaser posts. As a shameless Aventador fan, I will admit that I've probably driven this a lot more than I probably should have, plus it's a great upgrade to the LP700 we've had for a while. I think this car would've been more shocking if it was the SVJ, but I can easily make do with this.
  4. Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE '18 - Another shock addition for me; I never actually thought the PD team would bring over the 1LE but here we are. The car fits well at home in GT Sport, being a track-focused version of the ZL1 and all and I'm glad it's in the game.
  5. RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7 - Never actually expected them to add another tuner to this game, since those are usually hard to come by. It's pretty great to drive personally, plus I have a feeling it could possibly pave the way for additional tuners next year...
Honorable Mentions: Pagani Huayra, McLaren F1 GTR, Toyota GR Supra RZ, Porsche 962C, Mazda Roadster Touring Car, Porsche 911 Turbo (930), Porsche Taycan Turbo S, RUF CTR3

1. Toyota 86 GT "Limited" '16 - Similar case to the 2016 Renault Clio from last year. Aside from a few aesthetic changes and a mild boost in power, it's still too similar to the Toyota GT86 we've had since launch. Hard pass unless the game forces one on me via DWG.
  2. Toyota Corolla Levin (AE86) '83 - Didn't really interest me as much as the AE86 Trueno, plus aside from the aesthetic change in bumpers, they're quite literally the same car. Haven't touched it for a while, don't think I will in the foreseeable future. Still nice to see a Levin in more video games though, at the very least.
  3. Audi TT '03 - Ultimately kind of a meh car; failed to leave an impression on me at all when I drove it. So really it's kinda forgettable.
  4. Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary - Significantly cheaper and makes more power than the LP400? Sounds awesome. But it's ultimately let down by the car actually being tedious as hell to drive. At least it makes for a good model for taking photos, but aside from that, it's not very practical...
  5. Subaru Impreza WRX STI Coupe '99 - I get it, it's a Gran Turismo OG and the WRX is actually pretty different from the 22B. It's kind of not really my style personally, plus I would've preferred to see a later-gen WRX STI (blob, bug or hawk probably) instead.
Dishonorable Mentions: Nissan Silvia K's S13 - Ultimately failed to leave an impression on me except for the constant reminder of a particular person who was... way too passionate about this series of cars.

So with that all out of the way, I'd like to hear everyone else's thoughts; what were your favorite and least favorite updates this year, as well as your top 5 best/worst cars introduced in 2019?

I don't quite get this thread. Is there really a "worst update"? Being that each update always adds new cars, features, and sometimes tracks, how could it possibly be "bad". That sentiment comes across as incredibly ungrateful.

I don't quite get this thread. Is there really a "worst update"? Being that each update always adds new cars, features, and sometimes tracks, how could it possibly be "bad". That sentiment comes across as incredibly ungrateful.

I mean, it's good that we keep getting free updates, but not all updates are created equal, or that they're free of criticism.

I mean, it's good that we keep getting free updates, but not all updates are created equal, or that they're free of criticism.
Who said they all have to be created equal? Since GTS’s release we’ve received over 100 new cars and quite a handful of tracks, all for free. Yes, I understand some updates are smaller than others. My point is, how could anyone really complain when this is all being done for free, when PD could easily go the Forza or EA route of charging a hefty price tag for this content.

I don't quite get this thread. Is there really a "worst update"?

OK, a thousand times has been said that PD continues to give us free staff so we must be grateful etc etc etc....BUT we don't all like this staff the same.
We all have our personal taste and we all like some cars more than some others.
Is it really necessary to explain the point of this thread?

OK, here is my explanation:

What is your favourite update?
Which are your 5 favourite cars?

What is your less favourite update?
Which are your 5 less favourite cars?

Fvourite (6) cars

F1 GTR
Super Formula
962C
Aventador SV
CTR3
Huayra

Less favourite cars (there are many more...)
Safety Cars (by far)
Super Bee
AE86 Levin
Fit Hybrid
AMG Red Pig

Favourite update
March 2019 Pt.1 (Autopolis, MX-5 NA, F1 GTR, SLR McLaren, Huayra, A90 Supra)
F1 GTR and Huayra are two good reasons!

Less favourite update

May 2019 (Goodwood Revival Circuit)
One of my worst ever tracks...

I give a lot of kudos to the OP for summarising this year of DLC in point form so well.

Favourite would have to be Spa... there's really no contest. This track is EVERYTHING. I have probably done close to 200-300 laps so far. I run it all the time as a test track.

I dont even drive it that much as I think there's more 'appropriate' GT3 cars but any sort of iconic car in the real world mixed with a car that is almost synonomous with Gran Turismo... and that car is the Ueno Clinic car.

Its like the Ford GT Gran Turismo 4 cover car.

I think many of us lose our minds if we get those iconic cars and iconic tracks back. Its just fan service at this point but so what? We like what we like.

I would love the McLaren F1 long tail back and any classic PD track.

Dishonorable Mentions: Nissan Silvia K's S13 - Ultimately failed to leave an impression on me except for the constant reminder of a particular person who was... way too passionate about this series of cars.
Ah yes, I remember that. There was also that guy with the P1 GTR I think.

Favorite

March for Autopolis alone. Always wanted this track from watching Super GT races and having only driven it in Need For Speed Shift 1.

Five Favourite cars

GR.4 Supra
Red Pig
930T
Crown

Least Favourite Update

January

Five least favourite cars

Stratos
Aventador
X2019
GT86
Jag VGT(just claims this spot ahead of the 350Z)

Favorite Update— For me, July has to be my favorite. 4 of the 5 cars I still jump into and drive now.

5 best cars of the year
-F1 GTR
-993 Carrera RS
-S2000
-E46 M3
-Ferrari Daytona

Least Favorite Update— June, nothing from this one interested me.

5 worst cars of the year
-Taycan
-Stratos
-Dino
-TT
-GT86 Limited

Worst car? Any car consigned to Gr.X hell and forgotten about since.

We do like the Gr.X 1960's Le Mans cars since they are kept alive by Nostalgia 79 etc.

However what about all those cars that are dumped there and forgotten? The P1 GTR? The Zonda R?

They may as well have used their efforts to make a normal n900 P1 road and a n700 Zonda road car.

Well in practically every update except Goodwood, there was at least one car that I purchased. There weren't any updates that I severely disliked as there was always something good in them. The best update would be the October one, and the least favourite would be June.

Here's a list of my favourite cars from the year:
Ford GT
Porsche Taycan
Pagani Huayra
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Porsche 962

Honourable Mentions:
Porsche 930 Turbo
Lamborghini Aventador SV
Honda S2000
BMW M3 E46
Super Formula

Here's a list of my least favourite cars from the year:
Jaguar VGT
Toyota Corolla Levin
BMW Z8
Renault R8 Gordini
Honda S800

Dishonourable Mentions:
Toyota Tundra
Toyota GT86 Limited
Ferrari 250GT SWB
Toyota Sports 800
Mazda MX-5 TC

My favorite update of 2019: December. We got an awesome (and much requested) track, and a very cool selection of cars.

My top 5 favorite cars of 2019:

• 930 Turbo (July)
  • Ford GT '17 (December)
  • M3 E46 (November)
  • A90 Supra (March)
  • Ruf CTR3 (November)

Honorable mentions: Super Formula (March), Civic EK9 (July), Z8 (January), Porsche 993 (December) and the Clio RS (June).

My least favorite update of 2019: September. I just did not enjoy any cars in that update.

I was thinking about choosing May because we didn't get any cars in that month, but I ended up loving the Goodwood circuit.

My least favorite cars of 2019:

• Toyota Tundra (June)
  • Super Bee (September)
  • AE86 Levin (August)
  • GT86 Facelift (November)
  • Countach 25th (March)

Dishonorable mentions: Aventador SV (October), GC8 WRX (August), Sports 800 (June), Camaro ZL1(September) and the Red Bull X-2019 (June).

Best Update of 2019: March Update pt.1 '19. Now this is the update I wanna see. A track that is very new to the series and deserving of an appearance in Gran Turismo. Also the car selection is well varied and with a Gr.3 added in a time where new Gr.3 and 4 cars are needed. Only the latest December Update '19 was close to beating this.

Worst Update of 2019: August Update '19. It just gave me diabetes (not literally) in terms of Japanese cars in GTS and it gone to the point where I just don't want to see them pull off another JDM-focused update. If PD's gonna pull something like that again where it's all Japanese in terms of cars, it's gotta be at least well varied like for example a Japanese race car, a Japanese super car, a Japanese tuner (eg Mine's R34), and a stock JDM car. I get that Gran Turismo was born with all JDM but even then I won't this update pass. Also the May Update '19 update is up there but I can forgive them since PD was busy moving out stuff for their new office but at the same time it should've been bundled with the June Update in my opinion.

Top 5 Best Cars of 2019:
1. McLaren F1 GTR '95 - I'm so glad this car came back especially in a period where Gr.3 cars are needed and really it was one of those race cars from GT6 that I wanted to see it coming back.
2. Toyota GR Supra RZ '19 - Ever since it was unveiled, I was hoping for it to arrive in GTS at some point and it did. This car also symbolises the strong partnership between GT and Toyota plus it led to the GR Supra Cup.
3. Porsche 962C '88 - I wanted a old Porsche Le Mans car at some point and I'm glad the April Update gave us that.
4. Porsche Taycan Turbo S '19 - This car was a surprise to me. For a car that is very brand new, I never thought GT would get it but what a shocker. Also the performance of this car is deceptive.
5. Mercedes 300 SEL 6.8 AMG '71 - Another car that surprised me. Good addition I may say and hopefully gets used in either a Nations Cup/Daily race.

Honorable Mentions: Lamborghini Aventador SV '16, Ford GT '17, Porsche 911 Carrera Club Sport RS (993) '95, Renault Sport Clio V6 24V '00, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE '17, Dallara SF19 Honda/Toyota '19, Red Bull X2019 Competition and Porsche 356 A/1600 GS GT Carrera Speedster '56.

1. Toyota Corolla Levin 3door 1600GT APEX (AE86) '83 - I usually don't mind duplicates but this one is just not even worth my time when I already have the better version aka the Sprinter Trueno.
2. Lamborhini Countach 25th Anniversary '88 - Not a bad car but if the car had a wing it would've probably been in the honorables. Also its a pig.
3. Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '03 - I tried my best to appreciate the car but its just so bland at all levels.
4. Renault R8 Gordini '66 - Gr.X. Really. This could've been a good car to pair up against a A110 or Stratos.
5. Nissan SILVIA K's Dia Selection (S13) '90 - Similar to the OP. That guy really went too far with his dedication towards the Silvias to the point it left a bad taste.

Nice thread 👍

Best Update of 2019:
Tough one but will go with December. Mainly because of the surprising number of cars added and Laguna Seca of course. If it wasn't this update it would have gone to the Spa update.
Worst Update of 2019:
February ;)
Top 5 Best Cars of 2019:
Super Formula! Most fun car in the game!
AMG Red Pig
Supra Gr. 4
Safety Cars (because the outrage at PD adding 'cop cars' was hilarious)
MX5-NA (just a shame that the BoP ruins it)
Honorable Mentions:
Goodwood
Spa
Rain
I can't really answer this. There are a lot of cars in the game I don't drive.
Dishonorable Mentions:
SSRX (seriously...)

Put the wrong vote in, i voted September which was my least favourite! Octobers was the best closely followed by Marchs' votes.

Best update: December, good track with also some interesting cars

Worst update: January, track was boring after 10 mins and none of the cars added were really exciting for me.

Best cars
1. SF19
2. Miata TC
3. McLaren GTR
4. 962
5. Gr4 Supra

Worst cars
1. TT
2. AE86 Levin
3. Fit Hybrid
4. 86 GT limited
5. WRX Sti coupe

honorable mention: GR Supra RZ. Really fun car in N300, also one of the meta cars.

Back