• Thread starter jobyone
  • 19 comments

jobyone

Because Racecar
Premium
United States
New England
jobyone71
I am just curious what wheels the fast drivers are using. Any thoughts or speculations? Or any of you fast guys (or gals) want to let us know?

One thing for sure I will be glad when this is over. Using the paddles on my G27 is killing one of my fingers:tdown: I will be glad to go back to using a clutch and H pattern shifter! Hopefully I can at least get in to the 1:31's. Currently at 1:32.638 with a theoretical best of 1:32.135.

I know if I had a DFGT I would probably be using that instead of the G27. Not that it would make a difference in me making it to the finals. But at least I would be prepared if I did.

If I make it to the finals I'm planning on buying a DFGT to practice with for a couple weeks, then I'll probably just return it or sell it. I already have a G25 as a backup wheel.

After using a thrustmaster t500rs for the last month, I just set my fastest time yet with a DFGT. I am as baffled as anyone.

When I switched from a DFP to the G27 I feel that it did not make me faster. It sure felt more realistic and made me smoother and more consistent. I do have a suspicion that I would ultimately be fastest on a controller but I love driving to much and feel not using a wheel would be wrong.

I was using a DFP in the first week, and topped off at 31.363, which was probably the best I could've gotten with it. I bought a G27 though (bye bye $300 :)) and almost immediately shaved another tenth off, and I know there's still about another .150 or so I can cut.

I run a DFGT. My best lap now is a 1.31.212. No complaints with the wheel and since it'll be the wheel for finals I don't wanna get another wheel. Definitely worth the 150 or less you'd spend for it.

I'm using a DFP. As of right now, current best lap is a 1:31.314.
I asked to borrow my friend's DFGT since he's still running 1:35s, but he won't let me...:(

Edit: My current best lap is a 1:31.263

Last edited:
Gtmunky u can us my dfgt or g27 👍
Thanks mate, I'll keep this offer in mind during the rest of the week. Funny thing is that I went faster with a 1:31.263 during my last 1hr stint. I'm quite a superstitious person and if I can keep improving with the DFP, I may stick with it.

I find it a little funny how many people think it's the wheel someone's using or some race-seat or whatever, which makes them fast.

It never is. It's just the driver.

It's encouraging to see some top times with the DFp. My problem is finding some piece and quiet in a house with two toddlers and a loud goofy wife.

Back