What Wheel is the best to drift in? G25, G27 or T500-RS

• Thread starter ZedMan1996
  • 22 comments

ZedMan1996

(Banned)
United Kingdom
South East
ZedMan1996
Is the G27 & G25 better for drifting than the Driving-Force GT? I'm thinking of buying the T500RS but I have no idea what that would be like for drifting.

So what shall I buy?

Thrustmaster: T500-RS
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/t500-rs
Logitech: G25
Not sold at markets but can get 2nd hand
Logitech: G27

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/wheels/g27-racing-wheel#section=features
Note that right now I have a driving-force GT

The Logitech G25 has a sequential and the usual manual gearbox. And it has flappy paddles. The G27 Only has the flappy paddles and the usual manual gearbox without the sequential shifter. The Thrustmaster T500-RS has all the gearbox types and even had adjustable pedals. The T500-RS is the most expansive but its Ok as I only just saved up enough money.

So... What do you think?

Logitech G27
logit.jpg

Logitech G25
slika-137186-2011-09-1316433571-default.jpg

Thrustmaster T500-RS
accessorio-thrustmaster-volante-officiale-gran-turismo-5-ps3-pc-sconto-immediato-1-con-bonifico_2003663.jpg

ZedMan1996
Is the G27 & G25 better for drifting than the Driving-Force GT? I'm thinking of buying the T500RS but I have no idea what that would be like for drifting.

So what shall I buy?

Thrustmaster: T500-RS
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/t500-rs
Logitech: G25
Not sold at markets but can get 2nd hand
Logitech: G27
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/wheels/g27-racing-wheel#section=features
Note that right now I have a driving-force GT

The Logitech G25 has a sequential and the usual manual gearbox. And it has flappy paddles. The G27 Only has the flappy paddles and the usual manual gearbox without the sequential shifter. The Thrustmaster T500-RS has all the gearbox types and even had adjustable pedals. The T500-RS is the most expansive but its Ok as I only just saved up enough money.

So... What do you think?

Logitech G27

Logitech G25

Thrustmaster T500-RS

Dunno witch is best but heard good things about the g27 witch is why I've ordered one I have the dfgt at the min but I hate it it is what it is cheap and nasty my m8 has g27 he found it a lot easier to drift than the dfgt I think the thrustmaster is a nice wheel just way over priced for my liking

G25/G27 they are both fine, although i do prefer g25 alot more.

the biggest deal breaker is the ability for the g25/27 to change steering wheels with available aftermarket adaptors

Like said by gunz the g27 is the best bang for the buck and a damn good wheel, i would say get the g27 depending on your budget.

I'v had 2 out of 3. DFP/DFGT and T500 and TH8rs.. All are good wheels. DFGT is best for the money.. The T500 is in a way different class than the DFGT or the G27. If you do look into a T500, look for package deals.

i've heard that the transitions on the G27 is easier than a DFGT

DFGT is rough when you compare it to the G27. G27 has dual motors vs the DFGT's one, which makes it easier to transition. (AND THE DFGT's LOUD AND ANNOYING!) :lol:

Well I already have the DFGT but even tough I'm pretty good at drifting with it, You have to dance like a spoon to make sure you drift well. I got enough money for the T500-RS and for some of the upgrades too! I could get a sequential +/- stick that can also change into the usual manual gear changing stick. T500-RS wheel already has flappy paddles. I can also get a handbrake! So right now we dont need to care about the money as I have enough. So what do you guys think?

If you get a T500RS look for package deals as stated above, its an amazing wheel. although its very expensive its worth every penny in my opinion, others may say different it all depends how much you are able to spend. but just because you have enough money for a T500 doesn't mean you have to get one. Just think about what other add ons you could get to go towards your rig if you buy a G27. Both the G27 and T500 are great wheels just get what you want i hope this helps. 👍

A drifting wheel you say?
G27! due to the noise reduction. You will be steering from lock to lock so....

You guys think you´re great only because you have a G27... i would like to see you drifting on this situation.

Warning! Sarcasm above! This post is intended for humor purposes only. It should not be considered serious advice in any way. All stunts was done by trained professionals. At no time should any of these stunts, be copied or re-enacted in any way at any time !

Hahaa.. I saw that before.. thats sooo terrible.. you know your broke when you have this set-up.

If money is no issue, the Fanatec CSW Base with the BMW rim and CSP V2 are looking pretty sexy...

A friend got his order in before the new site crash and should get his wheel this week supposedly. Feedback is supposed to be freakin' vicious!!! Also looking at some vids it looks like it would spin faster than the T500RS.

Gonna try my homies, if its the tits I'm ditching my G27 for one instead of the T500RS as originally planned.

CSW Base + BMW Rim + CSP V2 + CSR shifters would be a little over $1,000 after its all said and done...

http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_usa/index.php?cPath=21

Last edited:
If money is no issue, the Fanatec CSW Base with the BMW rim and CSP V2 are looking pretty sexy...

A friend got his order in before the new site crash and should get his wheel this week supposedly. Feedback is supposed to be freakin' vicious!!! Also looking at some vids it looks like it would spin faster than the T500RS.

Gonna try my homies, if its the tits I'm ditching my G27 for one instead of the T500RS as originally planned.

CSW Base + BMW Rim + CSP V2 + CSR shifters would be a little over $1,000 after its all said and done...

http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_usa/index.php?cPath=21

I'm in UK so its £ over here. Do you think this website can ship to UK?

Back