What will the pCars tire model be like?

• Thread starter guybo
  • 11 comments
United States
Tampa, FL, USA
A lot of what separates sims is the tire model. I haven't read anything about the pCars tire model and I'm curious whether it'll have:

sidewall flex
flat spotting
blistering
heat cycling
graining
basic tire wear
will it respond to changes in pressure

My league is abandoning rF2 and evaluating whether pCars at the hardest difficulty will be best or AC.

This may have been covered already and I apologise if so but a few tyre questions.
Will we have different compounds of dry tyres ? So softs that lap quicker but have a shorter lifespan and hards that are slightly slower but last longer .

Will we have Intermediates for damp tracks / light rain and if so can they be cooled using puddles off of the racing line ?

Many thanks

This may have been covered already and I apologise if so but a few tyre questions.
Will we have different compounds of dry tyres ? So softs that lap quicker but have a shorter lifespan and hards that are slightly slower but last longer .

Will we have Intermediates for damp tracks / light rain and if so can they be cooled using puddles off of the racing line ?

Many thanks

Yes to all of this, but I'm not 100% sure about cooling them with puddles.

Does anyone know how much of a difference there is over a stint between driving aggressively and driving conservatively in say a Formula A car? I found that on GT6 the fastest way to go was usually flat out, will the game punish someone who does quali style laps over a race stint?

Does anyone know how much of a difference there is over a stint between driving aggressively and driving conservatively in say a Formula A car? I found that on GT6 the fastest way to go was usually flat out, will the game punish someone who does quali style laps over a race stint?

If you're doing qually laps you'll probably lose your engine before your tires. :D

Yes to all of this, but I'm not 100% sure about cooling them with puddles.

I've seen videos where they tell you that you need to cool the tyres off line when the racing line starts to dry out. Hopefully someone wasn't fibbing.

Back