What would be a good starter car with my G27?

try getting something with low power, go look in the dealership/ucd, then just start using common sense about tuning it. I did that and tada.

The same types of cars on any other wheel or controller. A moderately light RWD car with no more than 300hp is what I would suggest. My 275hp RX7 FC has probably taught me the most out of all of my learner cars, so take that for what its worth. I can sharw the setup if you need.

Supra Turbo '89 from the Toyota dealership. Good to go out of the box, lots of tuning potential. Not too much initial outlay.

Last edited:
I'd stick with one car but I guess it depends how good you are. For me I am still trying to get drifting in this game its just abit sensitive compared to Forza so I'm using a moderately weighted low powered Sileighty.

I noticed the 300zx, Mk3 Supra and Premium v8 mustang (for me -tuned of course) all respond really really well with the wheel. I don't have a g27 but I have a DFGT.
Also, I started with my FFB@5 and idk if it changes for other wheels but starting on 5 is good to learn how quick it snaps then like a week later go to FFB10 and it will be like icing on cake. So much easier!
Goodluck bro! Just keep practicing, keep your composure and don't get frustrated..if you do, take a break and go back to it. Getting mad will only make things worse lol..don't give up! XD

I started off in the old sl300 merc. But didnt really ever start for real so..

But.. BMW I Concept, with 474 bhp works very well for me when i decidet to take it up for real.. ( Buy everything, except for turbo. will give it 459, and that increases to 474 ofc. )

I never understood how 250 bhp wud be enough if ur driving anything but Tsukuba. But ok.. Anyways, a good idea is also to go and make your own track, with the go-kart tokyo bay theme, just put 5 road width, and you'll be fine. Create some corners that requires that u use all the different techniques and such ofc. :)

As to tuning, Medium-hard suspension with hard anti roll bars, and around 4 / 3 camber. ( Front/rear ), and fairly quickly reacting LSD that dont allow a huge difference, is a good start.. Also, if you find the car reacts too quickly in some way, try raising the toe angle, to + .. So fx. if you find it "jumps" back when you try to straighten it up, increase it on front.

Personally i believe this is a better way to start, rather than having to learn 3-4 different setups, as "steps" .. Take the challenge from the beginning, and learn what you need/want to do, in the end. Not what "later can get you further towards it" :P .. And this car seems to be able to drift "all" tracks with the right setup, while not been completely insane. :) I hope this helps.

Back