What would it be like if pd and turn 10 joined together

phatladsdad

(Banned)
phatladsdad78
phatladsdad
How good a game would we have if these two games developers (wont use sim as its a lie ) put there heads together.Think how diffrent it would be ie no trades as it would have auction house
but what would u want from such a game ???

Last edited:
It would be a nightmare....

We would all become hermits! :)

But I'd want:

Every car with an interior view
More tracks, especially mountain road like tracks :)
a livery editor
a marketplace where you could buy or sell, car set-ups, custom liveries, or cars. In effect a financial marketplace where credits could be for use in the game.

private lounges
Public lounges
Race challenges
a developer feedback poll system: they ask, we feedback rather than we all winge :)

60fps
3d 1080P :crazy:
external telemetry output (for cockpit devices etc)
Multiple garages.. could we have a garage at each track.. then you could leave cars there that were setup for that track.. which would mean you'd need to buy more cars....

Last edited:
take all the best bit's from the GTs and the Forza's (and maybe some PC sims too!) and you'd get the best console sim ever. Rather like Halflife, all valve did was to take the best bits of FPSs and with some original ideas as well created probably the best FPS ever at the time.

It would be a nightmare....

We would all become hermits! :)

But I'd want:

Every car with an interior view
More tracks, especially mountain road like tracks :)
a livery editor
a marketplace where you could buy or sell, car set-ups, custom liveries, or cars. In effect a financial marketplace where credits could be for use in the game.

private lounges
Public lounges
Race challenges
a developer feedback poll system: they ask, we feedback rather than we all winge :)

60fps
3d 1080P :crazy:
external telemetry output (for cockpit devices etc)
Multiple garages.. could we have a garage at each track.. then you could leave cars there that were setup for that track.. which would mean you'd need to buy more cars....

on forza u can have over 20 diffrent save setups for each car so u load a tune up it puts parts on thats needed etc thats wat i miss on gt5 hate having to write tunes on paper and have to tune b4 most races

i want C-spec to get finished soon....come on Kaz, we know you are working on it...if you dont know google it... its a FREE ROAM in GT5

The more companies join to make a game, the more disruptions occur during the process of making the game, also less competition and duopoly occurs. We'll surely end up with far from perfect game and with no other options to turn to, it'll disappoint more if something isn't met with one's needs.

Advantages: Mix GT5 pros with FM3 pros, you gonna get a dream racing game.

Disadvantages: No competition between Sony/MS or Sony fans and Xbox fans .. who cares? hahaha

P.S. It's gonna take them hell of a time to make a decision plus PD are Japanese while T10 are Foreign so.

Maybe Turn 10 could convince PD that listening to their customer base and implementing useful features is the way to go.They may even be able to help PD streamline their menus and shorten loading times.Get better music too.Likewise PD could....erm.....Help them with the physics engine.

I reckon this would be the best and the worst game ever made. So many conflicting directions, and as mentioned above, no competition = no progress.

This would be like driving the car that was on your wall when you were 10, a beautiful dream but only really likely to dissapoint. Can you imagine the hype around such a project?!

on forza u can have over 20 diffrent save setups for each car so u load a tune up it puts parts on thats needed etc thats wat i miss on gt5 hate having to write tunes on paper and have to tune b4 most races

I know I was just thinking about the environment transporting all those cars virtually everywhere.. :)

but with a rally stage.. Then i wouldn't have to search through all the non rally cars to get to the rally ones etc.

I have Forza also, it's a great game, and I've room in my Rig for them both 👍

Too much differences between both. I don't think it'd work.
Turn 10 likes popular, familiar, "one per year" games (although pretty good ones I gotta say). PD is more perfeccionist and centers around detail (No matter how much time or resources should take).

Japanese developers like to work alone :P

Would never happen, the failbox 360 could not run a game like gt5

1) Grow up!

2) The 360 is more than capable of running GT5, but not with Turn10 coding the graphics engine. Although at a stretch, I'm sure they could manage the low-res textures, blocky smoke and rain particle systems and sub-standard models, that fill 75% of GT5. :rolleyes:

Turn10 would be good at putting the game structure together and building the online community. PD would be perfectly suited to handle the driving physics and lighting. Neither of them are capable of building a good, consistently performing 3D engine though. Some of the things that go on in GT5 are worthy of last-gen consoles, not this gen.

I don't think Codie's EGO engine would be quite up to it, but that's one of the best racing engines out there at the moment.

It's a bit like Fifa and PES though, both games have plus points that if merged, would create the ultimate version... but it just won't ever happen.

PD is more perfeccionist and centers around detail (No matter how much time or resources should take).

Makes you wonder why GT5 is not perfect though really... doesn't it?

I also doubt this would or will happen. Although its a great thought of what it would be like. Personally I don't think x-box could handle it, not to mention blue-ray is much more clear, crisp and clean quality both audio and visual. GT5 has wayyy better car graphics and the colour defenition is way more real. Even the tracks themself are more defined/real looking in gt5 than forza3. If this ever did happen I would say turn10 handle all the foreground (not backround) graphics like trees, buildings and what not... Also work together with their engine sound effecs cause the majority of the cars sound better in forza3

Well you'd have the best console physics and the best racing dynamics as well as the greatest setup and customization options. Oh and every car manufacturer in the world. I like the sound of it. I'll keep dreaming.

Back