What would YOU like to add to GT5?

• Thread starter TeamFalken
  • 28 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Falken-Lead
As you all know by know, there's going to be an update in Gran Turismo 5 from now to all the way in mid September. If you don't know the maintenance schedule, here it is!

1.August 23, 2011, 10:00-16:00 EST
2.August 29, 2011, 22:00-23:00 EST
3.September 6, 2011, 10:00-18:00 EST
4.September 13, 2011, 10:00-18:00 EST

We all know not all games are always perfect to someone's expectations, but since noone knows what's going to happen during these updates and what fun and new things will pop up and make Gran Turismo 5 a lot better, making that long journey from GT4 to GT5 worthwhile. The question is, what would YOU like to add to Gran Turismo 5? Or atleast like to see from these updates? Many people say they want to get DLC (Downloadable Content) from new obtainable cars, to tracks!

What would you like Polyphony Digital to add to this game? It's just a question that interests me, aswell as a whole bunch of other people. Maybe one day, PD will see this thread, and think, "Maybe that is a good idea to add that kind of feature onto Gran Turismo 5!" Let's hope, and cross our fingers!

In my opinion, I'd like to see drift challenges in the A-Spec mode. Maybe even ORIGINAL drift tracks and cars as DLC. And of course, the sound of cars to improve. But you may not agree with me, so - What would YOU like to add to Gran Turismo 5?

More tracks, racing flag system, safety car, improve the visual damage, less slipstream, livery editor, better and precise course creator, more options on replay mode etc etc...

More tracks, racing flag system, safety car, improve the visual damage, less slipstream, livery editor, better and precise course creator, more options on replay mode etc etc...

Ooh! Yes! I forgot about the Replay Mode! I always wished that it had a rewind or fast forward option :( Visual Damage looks like a warped version of the area of the car that got hit =/ instead of an actual bump.Great ideas Stig :) 👍

better crash damage, flag system and a couple of cars, including my beloved bentley continental gt in premium? ;)

Sprint races would be cool. Perhaps even a real "Touge mode." But that would seem like a complete title update. Well, PD has brought a lot in terms of updates anyways so why not, right? I know people would like a livery editor too. A tiny bit of motion blur at speed wouldn't hurt as well. I know it's a long shot but those are some of the things that I would want. And I almost forgot, replay controls!

Sprint races would be cool. Perhaps even a real "Touge mode." But that would seem like a complete title update. Well, PD has brought a lot in terms of updates anyways so why not, right? I know people would like a livery editor too. A tiny bit of motion blur at speed wouldn't hurt as well. I know it's a long shot but those are some of the things that I would want. And I almost forgot, replay controls!

Sprint Races, as in racing from Point A to Point B? That'll sound fun on Nurburgring! :lol: A real touge mode would be a great feature to have too! Motion blur at high speed would actually make the game feel like your going really fast. Whenever I take out my Enzo to do the Seasonal Event @ Circuit de la Sarth, it doesn't really seem like I'm going over 200MPG, Motion Blur get's my thumbs up 👍. Replay Controls are ESSENTIAL for finding the perfect moment in a replay for pictures! Especially when your the leader of a drift team and you miss the perfect moment by a slight chance. Then you'd have to replay it all again :grumpy: Keep the good ideas going! :)

Nothing has been mentioned about updates, this is a schedule of downtime for the GT5 servers. There is an update hinted at the end of August, and is said to be a small one, but we know nothing about these dates/times other than we can't play online during them.

Just saying don't get your hopes up.

Nothing has been mentioned about updates, this is a schedule of downtime for the GT5 servers. There is an update hinted at the end of August, and is said to be a small one, but we know nothing about these dates/times other than we can't play online during them.

Just saying don't get your hopes up.

We all acknowledged that :P Its just saying, what Gran Turismo 5 could possibly have to make it a much better game. Out of everything, I personally think that engine sounds could be better. That's all. And hey, you never know ;)

How about a real track editor. Where you can build a track from nothing. I'd also like to see a paint booth where you can paint anything on the car.

The only thing I would say I want is the ability of the car's gearing to help slow the car.
I'm tired of the car just coasting when you let off the accelerator in a lower gear. The car needs to slow down more than it does.
I suppose you could adjust the gear ratios to make this possible, but the gears would be so low that it would be impractical and unrealistic.
That, and the gear changes should be slower. Or at least make the gear changes match the driver's hand when shifting.
Another thing too; when you let off the gas in a race car or otherwise a very high performance car, it should crackle, pop, and make noises.

I don't know, I guess I'm just not very happy with the whole shifting engine in the game.

The only thing I would say I want is the ability of the car's gearing to help slow the car.
I'm tired of the car just coasting when you let off the accelerator in a lower gear. The car needs to slow down more than it does.
I suppose you could adjust the gear ratios to make this possible, but the gears would be so low that it would be impractical and unrealistic.
That, and the gear changes should be slower. Or at least make the gear changes match the driver's hand when shifting.
Another thing too; when you let off the gas in a race car or otherwise a very high performance car, it should crackle, pop, and make noises.

I don't know, I guess I'm just not very happy with the whole shifting engine in the game.

If they matched the change to the animation there would have to be a delay between the button press and the change.
Unless they made you hold down the button to get ready for a change then release to actually switch gear...

I want to be able to turn off others drivers psn names during races, so you just see the cars your against and nothing else. Id also like gt5 combine with google earth so we could be able to race on any road in the world. I relize this might be a little tough though.

I would like to have a 1970 Chevy Custom/10 LongBed 2WD 350 V8! In the game i could tune and change rims and other stuff like turbos and superchargers! >:)

More Wagons!

In a more serious note I would love to have the following features:

- Add a more in depth car customization (Stickers,liveries,engine swaps,more rims,kinda like FM)

- More Race Mods!

- Car Dealers challenges

- More cool events like Super Taikyu, BTCC and so on..

- More Premium cars (who doesn't...)

- Stock versions of some sports cars (BMW 530 - Audi A6 - Mercedes-Benz C320 etc...)

- Nissan Skyline Sedan's, we have Nomura's ER34, why don't give us the stock version?

- Car interiors customization (Choose wich racing seats, steering wheel, seatbelts, and also the ability to add indicators like a water temp indicator, oil temp indicator and so on..)

Real One Make races in arcade mode, instead of the one model races that we have at the moment.

The ability to create A spec events with all the features that you can set in an online event. Or the ability to fill the rest of the grid in an online race with AI drivers.

Store the red timetrial timings too. I'm still at 1 timing on the ring, and that was driving very cautious too, not racing. Ofcourse in a different list so your top 10 still excludes reds, but somewhere hidden in a 'red timings'-menu.
It's a hard game for a newcomer

+1. And if EA would share the Porsche licence, definitely the 936. And add Spa & the 1973 Circuit De la Sarthe. And a safety car. Oh how about the pit crew in online free run.:)👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back