What would you prefer?

What would you prefer?

• I prefer damage with 10 cars on the track.

Votes: 45 37.5%
  • I prefer no damage with 16 cars on the track.

Votes: 75 62.5%

• Total voters
BroncoJunky
REDRINGOFDEATHarrgh
Ok, this thread is pure speculation, so please don't take this to heart. If you've played Prologue, then you probably gotten use to having 16 cars on the track. Now after damage has been shown at Gamescon and TGS in real time, track car count has been reduced to 10. Now this may be due to PD still working out the kinks, but as of now we don't know. So this is why I ask this question. Note, I didn't put a "I prefer 16 cars with damage" option mainly because we know what everybody would put.

I voted for 16 cars with no damage mainly because endurance race do tind to get boring when you only see cars, at say the Ring, every couple of hours. Having 16 cars would definitely fill the void in my opinion.

Remember, this thread/poll is meant for you to have fun with, so please don't flame other members opinions and have fun.

I'm pretty confident that the maximum grids for GT5 have not been reduced to 10 and it is just 10 for the purpose of that demo. Not every race in GT5:P had 16 cars, a few had less, and remember the E3 demo which also had 10 cars was accompanied by the video that unveiled both NASCAR and WRC and you could clearly see 16 cars racing in certain scenes in that video.

I'd prefer both actually. Sometimes it would be nice to run with a 16 car grid and sometimes it would be good to run with damage. Depends what I'm in the mood for. Options are always good.

Are we talkin about online multiplayer? because if this is single player, then I have to opt for damage with 10.

I guess 15 or 9 competitors together with me on the track is not a real difference...ok ok..I know the difference actually is "6" LOL...but that is not my point!...
I mean...when it comes to a race the field quiet quickly sorts by skill...I always mess with max. 2 or three other drivers that got the same skill as me!...the better ones are ahead and the others behind...the online games have proven (at least to myself) that in races with 10 cars on the track you usually have good duels...so I would definitely prefer a lower amount of cars but "with" damage than the other choise...

I hope my writing is understandable...(remember I am only a stupid German...LOL)

C U on the track!

I prefer less of a better thing than more of a lesser thing. So 10 cars with the depth that damage adds, rather than 16 invincible bumper cars.

although i voted '16' if the price to pay for damage, weather effects and day/night transitions is only 10 cars on track then that's something i would happily pay.

but just damage on its own? nah, a full field would be more fun.

the full grid makes more fun to me than driving a damaged car against 9 others....so i choose 16 cars and no damage..

I am in the NTSC region and I am hardly use to 16 cars on track. I am more use to 4-5 cars on track. The few times when there is 12-16 cars on track 9-14 of them suck, but I still have hope for 16 quality racers on track at once, and none of the 16 cars would need damage, even if it is available, because instead of driving like idiots they drive realisticly. Far fetched? Maybe, but it could happen one day.

Where is the option for 30 cars and damage? Damage is cool but I would prefer just better collision. I still remember playing gt1 and for the first week never crashed my car into a wall as I thought it would wreck my car, and would have to purchase a new one.

I'm pretty confident that the maximum grids for GT5 have not been reduced to 10 and it is just 10 for the purpose of that demo. Not every race in GT5:P had 16 cars, a few had less, and remember the E3 demo which also had 10 cars was accompanied by the video that unveiled both NASCAR and WRC and you could clearly see 16 cars racing in certain scenes in that video.

Right. I can't see how accurate this poll can be when different tracks have different maxiumum number of cars. Example in GT5P, HSR being 12, and Daytona being 16.

I think the matter that should be discussed is why there are more cars in one track than others. I don't think damage alone is affecting it, because as we know Prologue have no damage, yet the maximum number of cars isn't always 16.

Back