What you change about GT3?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gillt\/\/ill3
  • 23 comments
  • 1,014 views
Messages
20
Personally i would like to be able to change my oil during a pit stop. During a long race or tornument your car starts to slow down and can cost you the race.
 
Look in the Rumor and Speculation board and you will see heaps of threads about what people want to see in GT4. These things probably answer your question.

For me I would spread the prize cars out more ie I would not have a Vitz available at so many series.

Maybe use the colour options on the prize cars to spread them out.

I just found that by the time I got half way through professional I had all the prize cars.

I would have a wider variety of endurance races eg FF, MR, FR, 4WD. Basically many of the race series would have a corresponding Endurance.

I would also make S license and Vitz pro a little easier but when you get to 100% it would unlock a difficulty option that affects every race ie you would be trying to get 100% again but it would be a little harder. Maybe this could include HP limits.

Would include American LM cars if licensing permitted and would include race tracks like Mosport and Sebring.

Either beef up rally or get rid of it eg more tracks maybe including a dirt oval and point to point tracks.

On the oil change issue here are my views:

1. In motor races do they change oil mid race ? I think not but could be wrong.
2. In series they do change oil so this should be an option. If they allow damage in GT4 then maybe they could have a time limited thing like in the rally games where you have 60 minutes to allocate to various repairs.
3. If oil changes are added to pit stops then I would speed up the AI cars anyway because otherwise it would be too easy.
 
oil change mid tournament
Tune Shop "ditto"
Paint shop to change the crappy colour of my Vanquish!!!!
I WANTED SILVER OR GREEN AND I GOT WHITE
:mad: :mad:
 
Yes, this should be moved to Rumour and Speculation. :) There are a lot of subjects there on changing things in GT3.
 
Originally posted by gillt\/\/ill3
Personally i would like to be able to change my oil during a pit stop. During a long race or tornument your car starts to slow down and can cost you the race.
The fact that the AI cars dont pit during a race an you must if you want to maintain handling during the race bites, after bout 5 laps you have to pit while the AI cars just keep going an going. GRRRRR
 
Originally posted by IRONHEAD
isnt that what qualifying laps are for? :trouble:
Don't waste my time on em, just start at the back of the pack an rip through em
 
how about changing the intelligence levels of the AI?
Im sure everyone has had the AI ram at some stage or another, also make them harder/faster to pass
once youve had an I-link session you will know what i mean
 
Originally posted by Bollocks#999
how about changing the intelligence levels of the AI?
Im sure everyone has had the AI ram at some stage or another, also make them harder/faster to pass
once youve had an I-link session you will know what i mean
good point
 
Originally posted by gillt\/\/ill3
Personally i would like to be able to change my oil during a pit stop. During a long race or tornument your car starts to slow down and can cost you the race.

That's mabye the only thing i'd change, except i don't like long races even like 20 lap ones, it just gets too boring.
 
OK, i don't think using those one lap wins is a good thing you know...the whole point of the game is to race, however long those damn endurance races can be...
 
True True, but when yas wanna collect F1's sometimes you dont feel like sitting through an entire race
 
Endurance id fun if you make the race close.......

eg. 500hp less than your opponent....:lol: :lol: :p :p
 
Originally posted by gumpy
1. In motor races do they change oil mid race ? I think not but could be wrong.

I didn't look it up but I bet they don't. It takes me atleast 4 or 5 mins to drain oil and fill it up again and that's to long for a pit stop.
 
But i don't think they will run out of oil in the race...obviously the car engine would eventually stop without oil wouldn't it?
 
Well in a normal road car on a normal engine the oil should be changed every 3 months or 5000km. Racecars obviously don't have normal engines or oil so would make sense that in r/l there's no need to change oil mid-race. Maybe someone can prove me wrong.
 
I really dont see the reasoning in changing oil on a car thats in a game.. Or why you get a few extra ponys for doing so... I just keep on drivin, red light or not.
 
Originally posted by meeekael
oil change mid tournament
Tune Shop "ditto"
Paint shop to change the crappy colour of my Vanquish!!!!
I WANTED SILVER OR GREEN AND I GOT WHITE
:mad: :mad:

:lol: I wanted WHITE and i got Green :lol:
 
Personally i would like to be able to change my oil during a pit stop. During a long race or tornument your car starts to slow down and can cost you the race

I wouldn't mind an option to change your oil in between races in a series. That's one of the reasons I hate the pro series!!

On a lighter note, I have to laugh at Ironheads location. I haven't heard that line in a long time:lol: (In a van...down by the river):lol:
 
Originally posted by Masterblaster
Don't waste my time on em, just start at the back of the pack an rip through em
ya,sometimes i'll do that too,but some times w/a new car its nice to see if its going to be even competitive.......helps your win/loss ratio(I know its just a game.....):trouble: yeah,Chris Farley had some pretty funny **** huh?
 
Originally posted by IRONHEAD
...yeah,Chris Farley had some pretty funny **** huh?

Yeah too bad he's gone...

But I digress :(
 
Back