What you thought the lyrics wereMusic 

Messages
1,645
Do you ever listen to a song and start singing the lyrics, only to later realize that you had it wrong? I was compelled to make this thread after I heard a kid in school singing "What's my Age Again?" like this:

I took her out
on a friday night
I walked alone
and I wasn't feeling right
We started making out
and I took off my pants
but then I saw her on TV..

And it went on like that.
 
Usually I can't understand anything so I just end up singing nonsense. Sometimes I'll look up the lyrics but I can never remember them so I'll just sing the nonsense for the rest of my life.
 
Pruple Haze - Jimi Hendrix: "...Excuse me, while I kiss the sky."

I thought: "...Excuse me, while I kiss this guy."

No, not really, but it sounds funnier.
 
Originally posted by Solid Lifters
Pruple Haze - Jimi Hendrix: "...Excuse me, while I kiss the sky."

I thought: "...Excuse me, while I kiss this guy."

No, not really, but it sounds funnier.

What?! I thought he really did say "...Excuse me while I kiss this guy"?
 
Yeah, I've had that happen a lot before, especially with U2 songs... for example, in Beautiful Day, I could never make out this part of the song until I actually looked at the lyrics:

See the canyons broken by cloud
See the tuna fleets clearing the sea out
See the Bedouin fires at night
See the oil fields at first light
See the bird with a leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out
 
Punk music in general is usually hard to figure out the lyrics for. AFI specifically always screws me up because I can't figure the lyrics out.

Ex: I remember when I was told of story of crushed velvet,
candle wax, and dried up flowers
The figure on the bed all dressed up in roses, calling
Beckoning to sleep,
Offering a dream

words were as mystical as purring animals
The circle of rage
The ghosts on the stage appeared
The time was so tangible, I'll never let it go
Ghost stories handed down, reached secret tunnels below
No one could see me

I had no idea what was being sung so I just ended up singing nonsense most of the time like somebody else said. Oh well..it's all good.


-Mark
 
I was confused with Hardest Button to Button by the White Stripes

I thought they were saying 'the Heart is button to button.'

Maybe I should have looked at the song title.
 
Anybody know what the dude from RHCP says when he begins doing this weird but quick chant in "By The Way"?

To me it sounds "Hoo Hah! Kiss your little milkshake..."
 
Originally posted by Sleek Stratos
Anybody know what the dude from RHCP says when he begins doing this weird but quick chant in "By The Way"?

To me it sounds "Hoo Hah! Kiss your little milkshake..."

Mine = Oh ah! Kissin and a matin'!

:odd:
 
Twas never able to get the line :

I get my kicks above the wasteline - sunshine

from One Night In Bangkok until that crappy boyband re-recorded their crappy version....
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
I was confused with Hardest Button to Button by the White Stripes

I thought they were saying 'the Heart is button to button.'

Maybe I should have looked at the song title.

I like that song, I didn't know they were saying The hardest button to button because I didn't understand what he was saying at all... I think I need to get my head checked because I've been hearing things very different than they really are?

Nick
zombie.gif
 
Back