What's happened to Community update?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DozUk
  • 18 comments
  • 1,285 views
Messages
86
Messages
DozUk
It appears to have gone silent, it's now been 2 months since launch and published features of the game are not available and there is no clear timescale which I think should be visible. The community features and the ability to create driver clubs etc was a big draw for me. At least tell me when I can expect it, I bought the game, let me know when I can expect the features you told me about.
 
I believe it's this month
 
Before they start adding further features to the game I'd much prefer they resolve the issues with the current features (particularly the ridiculous online gremlins and glitches that are occurring with pitting, tyre wear and tuning issues such as camber etc).

Without fixing these issues, adding the Community feature (which I am also looking forward to) will still be a joke when you start racing your friends and continue to experience the existing issues.

Please, please, please PD....fix the basics first and THEN give us the extra features you've promised!

Dave
 
PD don't generally give timeframes on features (and are generally very silent on almost everything). On the one hand it is very annoying to not know when features are coming, on the other hand if they say "x will be released next month" and then it doesn't happen, even more people will be annoyed. Just look at what happened with the RB Jan 1st fiasco....this board alone was flooded with "where is it?" threads. It's possible they were going to implement it sooner but had issues with it. It would be nice if they were a bit more forthcoming on things
 
It appears to have gone silent, it's now been 2 months since launch and published features of the game are not available and there is no clear timescale which I think should be visible. The community features and the ability to create driver clubs etc was a big draw for me. At least tell me when I can expect it, I bought the game, let me know when I can expect the features you told me about.


I Hear ya, B-spec and making courses was a huge draw for me aswell, was quite disappointed when I threw the game in and noticed Neither were in the game... had I known, I wouldn't have purchased the game right away..
 
PD are working hard on it I'd imagine. Maybe it's been delayed because of all the bugs & issues we're already experiencing, & PD are busy with some of them behind the scenes. Nobody knows for sure, & anyway; I can't remember that they've even given us a date for it as of yet. All I know is this; it's the single most biggest update I'm anticipating, & may very well make or break the game for me.
 
I'd rather have it this month as long as it's "mostly ready" and "relatively stable". Then we can get testing on it as we will find bugs quicker than PD can by themselves.

The pit glitch doesn't affect all online races as many good length online races can be run without pitting or workarounds are possible. I'd rather be somewhat limited in what online club races I can run without pit bugs than not have the features at all.

To those that might say we shouldn't have to do the testing, I'm a realist. PD will have some test procedures in place but they can never run through the number of "what if" scenarios that millions of users can.
 
Last edited:
I'm as anxious as anyone for this despite really having any clue what it actually is... Its easy to assume 'clubs' is exactly like another games 'clubs' feature as it's the only context we have, but its PD here so they will have their own spin on it...

The only hint at other features that I remember was PD having a mode in online where they can host series and events that clubs can participate it (almost 8 months ago), but I've heard nothing since about actual functionality of the feature.

But I do know how the infrastructure, CMS, and formats of these sorts of features in games and they are very complicated.

They are generally a live service running online that the game interfaces with and a CMS that has the ability to adjust live. Further compounding the complexity is 'load handling' as GT customers are always in the several millions.

I can also say that the leading linchpin is PSN more than PD. As there is a component that needs to interface with Sony and needs to follow their guidelines. And though Sony is much easier to work with than XBLA, neither were built for 'live gaming'.

I would not be at all surprised if they made 'clubs' a phased rolling update to 'ease' it into the ecosystem, like a silent open beta vs simply opening up a massive system that nearly anyone who goes online will use...

So I'm a bit irked that they are late as I am really counting on this feature expanding the gameplay structure (pure hope) but tempered by the reality of knowing how to build and launch such a system, further tempered when I think of the shear amount of people hitting it day one... And the fact that these systems always go to their knees at launch...

On the bright side? The fact that online in its current state is so simple is an indication of something much more robust. What we have now really is bare bones and no more than instances, no different than online modes of the mid 90's.
 
If any if you played GTA 5 and the fiasco that online brought to it, I'd rather PD takes their time and gives us a better product, updates will come with time, until then, grind for money, km's, or do laps on the ring to keep yourself busy...I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.
 
Refresher:

Many more functions will be added to the Lobby, the hub of player versus player races: just to name a few, users will have the chance to create and share Race Events amongst them, and the proper community tools will be implemented to support this new feature. These are all improvements that were generated by suggestion and feedback gathered from our online players. Please look forward to the announcement of other online features as we are approaching the release date.

In Gran Turismo 6, features that were not supported officially in the previous title will now be included: open lobby time trials, drift trials and races with qualifying rounds are just a few examples. Users will also be able to create customised rooms tailored to their favourite play-style and these settings can be saved and shared with others.
Being able to set-up a room with your favourite settings easily, and being able to share it immediately with other users are only examples of the "new instruments" that will be featured in the new title.
Players can create their own clubs, communicate with one another in the forums and organise race events for their members. It is possible to select from a private racing club, and a public racing club that is open to everyone.

Quick Match

This mode is for those who want to get in and race online right away. Matching is performed according to preset regulations, and the race will start when there are enough participants.
 
Im not a regular gt player but starting to be I don't the way things are going to bad compare like gta v. Were geting updates and new seasonal races about every week or so. The game only been out for 2 months and future very bright for whats in store. Kaz let us have this game before he was fully done with any features and holden them back till there as prefect as rest things he puts in the game. Easy part done making game and puting it out there hard part making features that work with what everyone wants to see and what he wants to see. Mybe he planning make this game work till ps3 as np usefull left and everybody switch to new gen.
 
Last edited:
Im not a regular gt player but starting to be I don't way things are going to bad compare like gta v. Were geting updates and new seasonal races about every week or so. The game only been out for 2 months and future very bright for whats in store. Kaz let us have this game before he was fully done with any features and holden them back till there as prefect as rest things he puts in the game. Easy part done making game and puting it out there hard part making features that work with what everyone wants to see and what he wants to see. Mybe he planning make this game work till ps3 as np usefull left and everybody switch to new gen.

so why is every update full with bugs? every time my handling changes.......
 
Frustrated...Clearly released early to get Christmas sales. Promote all the things the game will have to make sales but not put them in the release. Bait and switch. If they would have advertised it like it truly is then a lot of players would have waited. It's a great game and I am enjoying it. Just was expecting it to be ready when it was released.
 
The problem is lack of competition. I for one ... can't wait for Project Cars to appear on console. Only then will they start to up their performance... when they see their fanbase has jumped ship ;)... Else it will be another NBA live, NBA 2k13 story all over again :D
 
The problem is lack of competition. I for one ... can't wait for Project Cars to appear on console. Only then will they start to up their performance... when they see their fanbase has jumped ship ;)... Else it will be another NBA live, NBA 2k13 story all over again :D


Yea PD is pushing me away, once my wheel gets here im going to subscribe to Iracing and try that for a month and see whats it all about. Never thought i would say this, but am even considering buying Forza at this point.
 
Back