Whats happening with my Ps3/Monitor!?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gerner
  • 12 comments
  • 1,093 views
Messages
71
Messages
Gernera
I was playing Gran Turismo 5 in my summerhouse, and there was no problem at all with the sound. But then i got home (The Ps3 was transported in a sportsbag) i plugged in my Powercabel/HDMI cabel, and then i turn on my monitor, and the only thing i can hear is some scratch of some kind :/..
Im pretty sure it is a problem by my Ps3, since i can take the HDMI cabel and plug it into my Laptop, and play music throw the monitors speakers..

Please help me, even this is some kind of a spam, but didnt knew where to place the thread.

Regards
Gerner
 
This probably is not it, but have you used this monitor before with the PS3?

When I swap from my TV to my monitor I have to reset the ps3 to pick up my as my TV is 1080p and my monitor is 1080i so I cannot just swap the PS3 onto my monitor.

I have to hold the ps3 power button down for about 5 seconds until it beeps a few times and then turns itself off. Then connect it to my different monitor turn it on and then the PS3 then picks it up and can change the input source to p instead of i.

I dont think it is this but not sure what you mean by "i can hear is some scratch "
 
Try using the other connection on the PS3 thats not HDMI (forgot the name, its next to the ethernet port) or try testing the monitor since it could be those speakers too.
 
This probably is not it, but have you used this monitor before with the PS3?

When I swap from my TV to my monitor I have to reset the ps3 to pick up my as my TV is 1080p and my monitor is 1080i so I cannot just swap the PS3 onto my monitor.

I have to hold the ps3 power button down for about 5 seconds until it beeps a few times and then turns itself off. Then connect it to my different monitor turn it on and then the PS3 then picks it up and can change the input source to p instead of i.

I dont think it is this but not sure what you mean by "i can hear is some scratch "

I will try this, for actually i've just played on my Tv 37" (Dno if I or P).
And yes i have played with my monitor and my ps3 together plenty of times, so that shouldn't be a problem.

And when i mean "Scratch", its much like on your Tv when you are on a canal with no signal (The snow thingy screen, but this is only the sound)
 
What are your audio out settings on your PS3?

Have you ever changed them from default?
 
What are your audio out settings on your PS3?

Have you ever changed them from default?

I change the settings each time im playing on my tv (To optical) And on my monitor i use HDMI.

But actually, i think the main problem of my issue, is my Ps3's dvd-drive.. Since i can turn on my ps3, and in the main lobby the sounds i normal, but if i take a disc in it starts to make this scratchy noise from the speakers.. (I have tried 2 of my games, both of them, made the ps3 to scratch..)
I dont hope i got to get it repaired.. I do have guaranty on it, but still.. all my trophies will probably get lost :nervous:
 
Trophies are synced with the PSN server, back up the game saves first before you send it in though.
 
Trophies are synced with the PSN server, back up the game saves first before you send it in though.

Ohh so i can just save all my saved files, and then restore it afterwards?
 
It doesn't save your photos, or replays, or downloaded GTTV shows, or anything like that. Just game progress.

I would suggest getting a small external USB2 HD, and backing up the entire PS3 HD. That way, you don't lose anything.

But backing up your game progress almost every session to a USB pen drive is good general advice (you never know when you get the YLOD!). But to get EVERYTHING, you need more.
 
It doesn't save your photos, or replays, or downloaded GTTV shows, or anything like that. Just game progress.

I would suggest getting a small external USB2 HD, and backing up the entire PS3 HD. That way, you don't lose anything.

But backing up your game progress almost every session to a USB pen drive is good general advice (you never know when you get the YLOD!). But to get EVERYTHING, you need more.

Okay, i gotta do this :) Since i already had a couple of problems with my Ps3 250Gb Slim version..
 
Omg whats happening?
I can easily put a Blu-Ray disc in it, and then the sound plays perfectly, and sometimes the sounds ****'s when i play, and sometimes it does.. Should i get it repaired or what?
 
It might sound odd but have you deleted any MP3's from the PS3 that you used on GT5 as race music ( some guy last week was saying his PS3 played up can't remember what it played up over but that was the reason ) ?
 
Never touched any of the mp3 files from any of my games :/ So i doubt thats the problem in this case.
 
Back