What's on your wish list for NFS 2022?

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 37 comments
Did you not play the two games preceding Heat or...
Nope last nfs game i played was pro street in 2008

I just fine the driving in heat to be unengaging and just not fun. I understand its arcade game but so are driveclub, grid 2019, forza horizon and heck even the driving in gta5 is more engaging and fun then i found it to be in heat.

Better driving physics nfs heat is still the worst racing game i have ever played when it comes to physics i hate the driving in that game more then i hate pcars 3.

I played forza horizon 5 when it come out and the first thing that hit me was why can the physics of nfs be like this.
i have the feeling they dont want to compete with forza

NFS has cut a small niche in the racing genre with cop chases, focus on visual customisation and illegal street racing. The only thing NFS left to compete with Forza is driving physics at most, don't really want NFS to handle like Forza for me but NFS really could improve it further.

Heat handling was decent compared to the last 2 games.

The only thing NFS left to compete with Forza is driving physics at most
Not police chases? If I were producing/developing the NFS franchise at this point, I'd definitely put a priority on police chases, since games like GT7 are going to have possibly even more customization than the NFS games. At this point, without police chases, NFS is nothing. Well, there's also the partnership with SpeedHunters, yeah, but still.

I'd definitely take a look at police chases in HP2, MW2005, and Carbon, and even HP2010 and MW2012, too. I know the Underground games were very popular in spite of not having police, but I feel like that was a product of how it was honestly the only game with a ton of customization at the time. You couldn't customize your bumper or add a bodykit in Gran Turismo 3 or 4, but in GT6, you could start adding a much larger variety of parts, and now with GT7, it's going to quite likely overtake the customization NFS has to offer at this point, pun intended.

Last edited:
Not police chases? If I were producing/developing the NFS franchise at this point, I'd definitely put a priority on police chases, since games like GT7 are going to have possibly even more customization than the NFS games. At this point, without police chases, NFS is nothing. Well, there's also the partnership with SpeedHunters, yeah, but still.
I did mention NFS has "cop chases, focus on visual customisation and illegal street racing" as the unique/niche thing in the racing games genre on the first sentence of that post. Which are the things that most racing games don't put much focus on these days but NFS did.

The only thing left that is probably similar enough to compare between Forza Horizon and NFS is the arcade driving physics design. Online modes in recent NFS is lackluster and the general gameplay is too different. NFS still put focus on upgrading the cars you have while Forza has their wheelspins that throwing free cars to the player very often.
You couldn't customize your bumper or add a bodykit in Gran Turismo 3 or 4, but in GT6, you could start adding a much larger variety of parts, and now with GT7, it's going to quite likely overtake the customization NFS has to offer at this point, pun intended.
Also even if GT7 has more parts for customisation it is still a console exclusive game and also not open world or illegal street racing game, I kinda doubt it will have more parts and options that what NFS has to offer now. I know CarX Drift Racing Online with its unlicensed but 99% look a like cars have a lot more options than what NFS has to offer.

Also the driving physics will be more on the realistic side which seems like the general NFS audience don't care much about it, even when NFS with its crap physics or just bad games but somehow still sell well enough to not get killed by EA.

The proper competitor with GT7 is Forza Motorsport, GT7 looking pretty good now and will be interesting to see what T10 did with Forza Motorsport after much longer development time.

Last edited:

I'd definitely take a look at police chases in HP2, MW2005, and Carbon, and even HP2010 and MW2012, too. I know the Underground games were very popular in spite of not having police, but I feel like that was a product of how it was honestly the only game with a ton of customization at the time. You couldn't customize your bumper or add a bodykit in Gran Turismo 3 or 4, but in GT6, you could start adding a much larger variety of parts, and now with GT7, it's going to quite likely overtake the customization NFS has to offer at this point, pun intended.
Nfs underground 1 and 2 were actually going to feature cops but it got cut. The files are in the game.

Still would have been interesting if NFS UG2 featured cops because afterall it was open world.

Back