What's the best, most even FUN racing..?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Destinkeys
  • 15 comments
  • 828 views

Destinkeys

(Banned)
Messages
1,199
Messages
Destinkeys
I'd like to race against mature, clean-ish drivers that aren't also anal. Simply looking for advice as to what car to get that gives me the most opportunity to race people with identical cars on a broad variety of tracks in the 10-20 lap area. Clean but fun, you know?

Should I go GT500? GT300? Miata's (un-upgraded)? DTM?

Not looking for LMP type challenges, lower power and speed are fine. Plenty of challenge without going too insane skillz-wise..!

I'd prefer slicks (who races on street tires, anyway?!) and wear and full damage and penalties, no boost...

What's my best bet?

BTW, I have an unpredictable schedule, so looking for a TYPE of race that can easily be gotten at whatever time day or night I can make it. Currently doing Shuffle races mostly, but tire limitations and bashers are making it frustrating. Any world-wide associations, so that time of day isn't a limiter?
 
But if I don't have it, I'll have to go and BUY the random car, or are you talking Arcade choices?

While I don't want to upgrade a car, I DO like to tune suspension and the like... and get used to driving it.

Anything on those lines?
 
Just Limit it to 1 Car of your choice (from Recommended).
 
The cars are run stock and are picked randomly from the Recommended list, that way even if you don't personally own the car you can still race it. There really isn't much tuning done to the cars, mostly just tire/aid choice. As for getting used to the car the room is usually up for an hour, sometimes more before the actual race for everyone to get used to the car.

EDIT: Sniped by Machate.:lol:
 
They use aids? Sorry, should have posted that. Not a big fan (except driving line for unfamiliar car braking points). Yes, I suck, but don't want to get better using aids..!
 
Hey that's fine, thank you for your time!

See ya on the Track!
 
I'm running a clio sport series . First race is yet to start but it is full at the moment. I'm sure some will drop out. It definitely has the potential to be close. Fun. No aids. And fair. 500pp limit with unlimited tune options within 500pp.

Could be great fun!
 
I'd like to race against mature, clean-ish drivers that aren't also anal. Simply looking for advice as to what car to get that gives me the most opportunity to race people with identical cars on a broad variety of tracks in the 10-20 lap area. Clean but fun, you know?

Should I go GT500? GT300? Miata's (un-upgraded)? DTM?

Not looking for LMP type challenges, lower power and speed are fine. Plenty of challenge without going too insane skillz-wise..!

I'd prefer slicks (who races on street tires, anyway?!) and wear and full damage and penalties, no boost...

What's my best bet?

BTW, I have an unpredictable schedule, so looking for a TYPE of race that can easily be gotten at whatever time day or night I can make it. Currently doing Shuffle races mostly, but tire limitations and bashers are making it frustrating. Any world-wide associations, so that time of day isn't a limiter?

Well, there's a lot of races available like that here. In two Mondays (3/21/11), I'll be hosting a Dunlop TVR Challenge style race involving Tamoras and Tuscans, and in the subsequent weeks I'll be hosting an SCCA-style Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR 1-make race, then a BRSCC-style Mini event. If you'd like, I can send you a PM when I put the info up for them.
 
Feel free anyone to contact me.

As I stated at the beginning, though, I'm looking to take ONE car, and concentrate on its tune and setup, then try to get as much varied racing from it as I can. I'm not really a car collector, I am happy enough just driving a tiny handful of cars I am intimately familiar with than dozens upon dozens of cars I lose track of their strengths and weaknesses and drive poorly.

So, once again, what's my best bet for one design? GT500? GT300? Miata? anything?

I really like the car series where, even stock, everyone gets identical hp and weight, and the only edge is the tune and the driving...
 
Concour would almost satisfy you, but it's single-tune and you said you wanted to tune it.:(
 
Feel free anyone to contact me.

As I stated at the beginning, though, I'm looking to take ONE car, and concentrate on its tune and setup, then try to get as much varied racing from it as I can. I'm not really a car collector, I am happy enough just driving a tiny handful of cars I am intimately familiar with than dozens upon dozens of cars I lose track of their strengths and weaknesses and drive poorly.

So, once again, what's my best bet for one design? GT500? GT300? Miata? anything?

I really like the car series where, even stock, everyone gets identical hp and weight, and the only edge is the tune and the driving...


Well if your free on Sunday afternoons at 3PM you could join the Suzuki Cappuccino RM Series. We have 3 more races left for this season and plan on running a few more seasons too. Everyone has the same car, parts, 137 hp so the racing comes down to tuning setup and driving ability. :)
 
As I stated at the beginning, though, I'm looking to take ONE car, and concentrate on its tune and setup, then try to get as much varied racing from it as I can. I'm not really a car collector, I am happy enough just driving a tiny handful of cars I am intimately familiar with than dozens upon dozens of cars I lose track of their strengths and weaknesses and drive poorly.

So, once again, what's my best bet for one design? GT500? GT300? Miata? anything?

I really like the car series where, even stock, everyone gets identical hp and weight, and the only edge is the tune and the driving...

Well, to answer your question, I'd say 1-make races like High Flyin' Miata, Concours Club, or the 1-makes that Monday Night Endurance run would really fit what you're looking for. GT300 and GT500 has a mix of evenly matched cars, but you have to be familiar with each car's personality, strengths, and weaknesses. Personally, the most fun I've ever had was doing a 1-make Castrol Tom's Supra '97 race with a couple other friends on Suzuka Circuit using the '97 Supra from the Recommended Cars list.
 
Thanks for all your advice. I'll hopefully be seeing some of you on the track soon.
 
Back