Whats the best way to accelerate a car from stop?

• Thread starter Hybrid461
  • 9 comments
Canada
Ottawa
I'm wondering this, as cause ive got the SLR maclaren, upgraded like no tomorrow. The bench mark says 0-60 1.9xxx secs. Now when i floor the gas pedal, theres very little traction so it takes prob 2 secs just to get to 50 (limit of 1st gear) then i shift.

Now should i shift when the rev pointer gets in the red the first time, or should i ease the gas pedal a bit to not make it go nuts.

I am using the wheel and pedals. Post your thoughts, ideas plz.

Now when i floor the gas pedal, theres very little traction

This is your problem right here, you just can't mash on the gas and expect the car to hook up :crazy:

Sounds like you just threw on a ton of power mods with no suspension upgrades with that fast of a 0-60 time. You will need to feather the throttle with no more than 4,000rpm from a stand still and shift early without redlining.

This actually should be in the tuning thread, but if you can post your car specs you will be able to get better advice., like car specs... car class, hp, weight and what mods you have done.

This is your problem right here, you just can't mash on the gas and expect the car to hook up :crazy:

Sounds like you just threw on a ton of power mods with no suspension upgrades with that fast of a 0-60 time. You will need to feather the throttle with no more than 4,000rpm from a stand still and shift early without redlining.

This actually should be in the tuning thread, but if you can post your car specs you will be able to get better advice., like car specs... car class, hp, weight and what mods you have done.

I have put suspension mods on, im not that crazy :P. But ok, ill start from there and see what i can do.

Typically in a car that will spin through first, I'll hold the revs somewhere between halfway up and the redline, but light on the throttle. When the light goes green keep the throttle held constant like you had it. If you do it right you'll spin just a little just from the amount of revs, then sort of bog, and at that point you can start easing onto the throttle as much as you can.

And if that car is only doing 50mph in first I'm assuming you have a race transmission installed. Change your gear ratios so first goes to 65-80ish, depending on your preference. That'll put less torque to the ground and make it easier to manage.

I thought i had the race transmission, but i got that drivetrain swap to AWD as it increased the launch quite a bit. so ill switch back and play around with it

Or, do as I do with the SSC Ultimate Aero:

Start in second, occasionally third, gear.

Its nice being able to do it in NFS: Shift, and it would make a lot of sense having us be able to do it in Forza, but, whatevs. You just have to be quick with your button hits once the this go on.

haha that ssc is a crazy car. oversteer on a straight if you aint careful with the throttle. got it to 256 on circuit de la sarthe without trying really.

The SLR is mad, and probably madder with numerous upgrades. As with any car, throttle control is key. (Even with an AWD swap.)

1.9 seconds is calculated with flawless AI traction-optimum throttle control, probably very difficult to achieve those numbers with human error.

Latest Posts

Back