What's the consensus on BoP "fairness"?

• Thread starter Foxis
  • 8 comments
As the title: do you think the current BoP balancing is "fair"?

I ask mostly as I switched around in my various GR4 cars and while it is certainly subjective I am quite sure some of them were markedly slower than others. For example, the 458 (while not that fast) was 1-2 seconds quicker around Interlagos than the McLaren.

My theory is that much of the difference between those two cars is down to default gearing, as the 458 felt better suited to the track than the McLaren.
If so, the conclusion would be that BoP without certain tuning aspects allowed is pretty pointless if PD wants a diverse field of cars.

But maybe that's why 2 out of the 3 daily races are one makes today (one being carts!). :)

Gr.4 is hard to balance because of the drivetrain differences, and overall differences in each car. Balancing an Audi TT and a Mustang won't end well usually.

That I understand, and I agree. Given the evidence they should really split the category into subcategories. But as usual I do not think PD will understand this and act.

That I understand, and I agree. Given the evidence they should really split the category into subcategories. But as usual I do not think PD will understand this and act.
I completely agree. I think I’ve mentioned it a few times, but Group 4 would be better off as a RWD only class, much like its real life eqivelant - GT4. Let the FF cars race in their own WTCC/BTCC/TCR-like class. Although that does leave the 4WD cars left to dry.

To be honest, in gr. 3 is well balanced at this moment. Of course some cars are faster than others, but only small margins, which is acceptable, as he see the same on real GT3 racing.
In gr. 4 is the other way around, mainly because they are messing with physics at the same time the are trying to workout the BoP, so at this point the FWD have a huge advantage.

Let the FF cars race in their own WTCC/BTCC/TCR-like class. Although that does leave the 4WD cars left to dry.

Funny, since update 1.06 I feel the exactly the same way. Put the touring cars/hot hatchbacks in a whole new group, group T or something. You have the TT, the Megane, the Scirocco, the RCZ, you can add an Atenza, a Golf, an A-Series Merc, a Civic, a Focus, a DS3, an i3 and a Mito, just considering the cars that are already in the game.

The problem is this FIA manufacturers thing, all manufacturers must have a gr. 4 and a gr. 3 car. Which is hard, considering many of them don't even have a RWD drive car.

Last edited:
While it's a shame that BOP is how it is, I use it to my advantage... I can win races and get poles when I am mid DR:B, but running same car and GR3 I get very close to levelling up to DR:A, I keep getting matched with DR:S and DR:A drivers when I'm above 50% DR:B.

So I always use the viper in GR4 races, more often than not against 19 meganes, sometimes mixed with sirrocos and TTs. I use the GR4 races to reduce my DR:B progress while still trying my hardest.
It's good practice defending against much faster cars.

I got gifted a sciroco so I gave it one lap in time trial, my one and only shoddy lap in it I beat my best viper time by 1 second. I will not drive the sciroco again though, but I take more pleasure driving my viper now, knowing that I'm as close to feeling how Fernando Alonso feels in real life.

Latest Posts

Back