i find that interesting. to a non-car lover the esprit and lagonda might appear very similar but one is clean, simple and beautiful, the other is a mutation and better from the inside than out!
though i didnt think the 80's quattroporte was _that_ bad.
btw i hope everyone knows that quattroporte in italian means "four door". only they can make such a mundane phrase sound so romantic! haha
mind you MR2 didn't exactly leave much to the imagination...
"Oh Wow!" beats "Four-Dour", MPV, or Coupe as names, doesn't it?
Personally, I like the looks of it. The front may not be the best, but it works out nicely. The rear lights are just like Jaguar's XJ - copied by/from Hyundais. I honestly confuse those two when I see them.
The Quattroporte combines a huge presence with a real elegant and sporty look. There's just no other car I can think of that can match that. That makes the Quattroporte such a special and beautiful car in my opinion.
To all people who thinks it looks like a Hyundai: Where did it go wrong? (no offence)
I think it's the other way around - the Hyundais were designed to look awefully close to the Jaguar XJ - and the Maserati is similar to that one.
I think you hit the spot of the Quattroporte - Presence. If I walked down the street and saw this:
I'd say "Wow!". It's got good proportions, with the exception of the front grille - but even that one works well from different angles. Definetely better than, say, the BMW 6-series.
Yet, unlike other similar cars, it looks at home just as much when on a twisty road, unlike, say, a Jaguar (XK are an exception!), which looks far more "at home" cruising the occupants slowly on a wide stretch of road.
Looks fake to me, the reflections just below the rearest window isn't quite right. The metalwork stretched around that window also scream 'stretched in Photoshop'