What's the deal with the sending daily limit?!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bandwidth815
  • 21 comments
  • 2,467 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
100
Messages
Bandwidth815
Messages
f(_)<K Xbox
Seriously, wtf is the deal? So 2 days ago I send a car at 2PM, perfectly fine and all. Yesterday morning, I read that the daily limit was now set to 12 hours, meaning I could trade a car; so i did at 11 AM ish. Last night I sent a car again at 11:30 PM. Sweet! Daily limit is now 12 hours. 👍
Now, it is 12 PM, more than 12 hours after my last trade, and I can't send a car because my daily limit is reached!! WTF! It seems as though there is not timer, it's just whenever the game wants you to send a car you can. :grumpy: 👎
Anyone else encountering this same error? :dunce:
 
Its not 12 hours. Im on us central time and the 24 hours resets for me at 6 pm. Thus I can send a car at 11 am and again at 11 pm. But then not again until after reset at the next 6 pm.
 
It's 24 hours. It resets at 0:00 GMT
 
Why is there even a time limit anyway? Why have they stopped us trading whenever we want?
 
what a stupid way to have this set up. Here's my solution:
1. You trade a car at XX:XX
2. At timer starts, and 24 hours later you can trade
3. There is A VISIBLE countdown clock somewhere LOGICAL that shows how much longer until you can trade a car again

If this seems like it is too hard for PD to implement, turn off the block all together, or at least have number 3 put in.
 
Why go through all that trouble. No matter what time of day you pick it will still be 24 hours later before you can trade again. In fact your idea would force users to observe a strict schedule that if deviated from could result in a loss of a trade day. I.E. One day I'm five minutes late trading. The next day I have to wait another five minutes but then get distracted and lose another 15 minutes. The folowing day I have to wait 20 minutes and then...... And so on until my trades are suposed to hapen when I'm asleep and I lose a day. As long as there is a limit, the current format is the most flexible.
 
Why go through all that trouble. No matter what time of day you pick it will still be 24 hours later before you can trade again. In fact your idea would force users to observe a strict schedule that if deviated from could result in a loss of a trade day. I.E. One day I'm five minutes late trading. The next day I have to wait another five minutes but then get distracted and lose another 15 minutes. The folowing day I have to wait 20 minutes and then...... And so on until my trades are suposed to hapen when I'm asleep and I lose a day. As long as there is a limit, the current format is the most flexible.

you plan on trading a car every single day?
 
The one a day limit is really annoying. Even if they just change it to 2 or 3 a day that would be much better.
 
The one a day limit is really annoying. Even if they just change it to 2 or 3 a day that would be much better.

I agree, it needs to be at least two a day and the Museum Cards Limit should be doubled too. I have two accounts so I have moved a lot of cars to my GTP account that I would like to move back, also I have been trying to gift a few things each week aswell and this 1 per day limit is really slowing it up. It's the same with the Museum cards, it gives me more per day than it'll let me move to my main account and it's annoying.
 
you plan on trading a car every single day?



Kinda, at least for a while. I've got friends I want to send the Seasonal Event cars to, and others I want to send OTHER cars to. With the Seasonal Events, you have a definite "window" of time in which to send the cars, so I kind of need to send one per day, at least for now.
 
you plan on trading a car every single day?

Yes, and have been for some time. There are many others who do as well. If you check the Marketplace Forum many deals are booked days in advance.
 
Yes, and have been for some time. There are many others who do as well. If you check the Marketplace Forum many deals are booked days in advance.

Bingo. And I've barely even touched on the Marketplace, just because I'm booked in advance through just my circle of friends! Once they're in more of a position to be more self-sustaining, I'll start sharing amongst the community.
 
Yes, and have been for some time. There are many others who do as well. If you check the Marketplace Forum many deals are booked days in advance.

If the one a day restriction wasn't in place then I'd trade aswell. At the minute, as I've won virtually all the events, I'm just buying the very few cars that I want and using the save backup to get them for free. I'd like to be able to trade aswell though and help my friends out aswell
 
I hear ya, Gav; I basically have to dedicate 5 days of the week to sending "Challenge Cars" to my mates, then I've got two days to buy something really cool if it shows up. If it's something I want badly, and it's NOT 20,000,000 credits (say, a new color for the FGT, for instance), I'll just buy it and not even worry about the save/dupe/glitch stuff. I'll take the hit in credits with no worry, since I've pretty much always got Bob the Giubroni doing B-Spec enduros nowadays, and I check in around 6:00pm local time to send cars out, then get back to grinding towards L40 and the "buyable" X2010.

At some point, I look forward to going back and starting over from scratch on a different account, just seeing how far I can make it without really having to buy anything more than the Seasonal Event cars.
 
what a stupid way to have this set up. Here's my solution:
1. You trade a car at XX:XX
2. At timer starts, and 24 hours later you can trade
3. There is A VISIBLE countdown clock somewhere LOGICAL that shows how much longer until you can trade a car again

If this seems like it is too hard for PD to implement, turn off the block all together, or at least have number 3 put in.
The car trade limit resets every day at 00:00GMT. Google when that is for your time zone. Don't need a timer, look at the time in the top right corner of your GTLife screen, or your watch.
 
What's the deal with the sending daily limit?!

If it wasn't there, at least half the community would have every single car, or at least every single Premium car, already.

All they have to do is buy up as many cars as they can afford, gift them to an alternate account, restore their save with all money returned, buy more cars and gift them, restore, buy even more cars, gift them, et cetera until they have bought everything and gifted them to their alternate account. Then, as there's no daily trade limit, all 221 Premium cars and however many Standard ones they bothered buying are simply gifted back, all at once.

With daily limits, this means of acquiring cars would be much more gradual.

Alternatively, if you've got a handful of buddies that are also playing the game, none of you need to bother buying all the best cars for the various events, but rather each of you could just focus on a few apiece and simply swap them back and forth so all of you breeze through all the events with a minimum of spending. Again, daily limits prevent you from doing this and instead you have to rely on your own vehicle-acquiring abilities and funding.
 
I don't think it has a thing to do with how many cars people get or have, but rather it's the bandwidth congestion. Imagine if we were allowed to trade infinite cars anytime we wanted to. Digital cars are data, and that data has to travel through countless pieces of hardware in order to reach it's destination. All it would do is bog the entire system down to the point of unusability. Online racing it tweaky enough as it is with the dropouts and hangs, imagine it getting a lot worse by all the car trading that could potentially be going on.
 
If it wasn't there, at least half the community would have every single car, or at least every single Premium car, already.

All they have to do is buy up as many cars as they can afford, gift them to an alternate account, restore their save with all money returned, buy more cars and gift them, restore, buy even more cars, gift them, et cetera until they have bought everything and gifted them to their alternate account. Then, as there's no daily trade limit, all 221 Premium cars and however many Standard ones they bothered buying are simply gifted back, all at once.

With daily limits, this means of acquiring cars would be much more gradual.

Alternatively, if you've got a handful of buddies that are also playing the game, none of you need to bother buying all the best cars for the various events, but rather each of you could just focus on a few apiece and simply swap them back and forth so all of you breeze through all the events with a minimum of spending. Again, daily limits prevent you from doing this and instead you have to rely on your own vehicle-acquiring abilities and funding.


Good point. Some *reasonable* limit is likely the best compromise. One car a day can be too few, but unlimited cars per day is too many. Maybe 2, 3, or 4?
 
Duping is already out of control as it is... I realize a lot of people are completely fine with it - I don't really care either way. But at least this way, it slows down the spread of everyone owning every single car
 
I got three alternate accounts to 24 with seasonal events and each has over 5 million credits. So that's three free fully upgraded cars with tires, engine rebuilds, etc. Plus they all dupe 5 paints a day and 5 car parts.
 
You are a greedy fellow, aren't you?

It's all well the way it is. One can backup the savegame and do a little cheating once a day.

Gosh!
 
We already have threads on gifting, and threads explaining the daily limit. I don't think we actually need another one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back