Whats the Fascination with SUZUKA

• Thread starter KILLMIXIT
  • 9 comments
KILLMIXIT
Although I appreciate all the hard work of the various tuners and love trying their tunes I cannot understand the big fascination with the Suzuka track.The fact that I cannot tune very well means I try out lots of other peoples tunes ,but there dont seem to be that many that are non Suz.So to be cheeky men how abot a lot more different cars for other tracks please as Suz gets a bit boring ....thanks for all so far ....hoping for more Eiger London Daytona etc etc etc ..Now I'll stay quiet and wait.......

A lot of the tuners here are only really interested in Pro physics. There is a lot of demand for eiger and london in the pro races but it has rarely happened - hence the lack of tunes for these races.

At current there are 3 races (I think), Suzuka, Fuji and Daytona. There are loads of tunes for different cars on each of these :) .

If you're after standard tunes, I'm sure if you asked nice enough one of the tuner garages would have a quick go at knocking up something for you if you specified the track & car.

I'm in the same boat as you btw, I suck at tuning.

Correct. :) My tunes are for the PRO events, so that limits it to Suzuka and Fuji at the moment.
I don't like Daytona Speedway so I'll leave that to other tuners. ;) But I would love to see some Daytona Road, London or Eiger on PRO. Especially those last two would require radically different tunes from the ones I have come up with so far.

A lot of the tuners here are only really interested in Pro physics. There is a lot of demand for eiger and london in the pro races but it has rarely happened - hence the lack of tunes for these races.

At current there are 3 races (I think), Suzuka, Fuji and Daytona. There are loads of tunes for different cars on each of these :) .

If you're after standard tunes, I'm sure if you asked nice enough one of the tuner garages would have a quick go at knocking up something for you if you specified the track & car.

I'm in the same boat as you btw, I suck at tuning.

Couldn't have worded it better myself. On the odd blue moon in the past I have done tunes on other tracks when we actually got them to race on. Still, if you'd like some tunes for any of the other tracks with any car (except the F1 car) just do a review of one of my current cars and I'd be more than happy to do a tune for you.

Personally I'd love to see all cars tuned for suzkua. Ive tried fuji tunes on suzuka and other tracks and found them horrible, but suzuka tunes work everywhere with some weight/power adjustments.

While on the subject I'd love to see cars tuned for S tyres first then moved up to R. This is simply because I have noticed recently that some tunes that were done for R tyres expose faults when driven on S. These faults where hidden when driven on R, but they were still there. What I am saying is that say the dutch tunes F430, put the R and S tunes both on R and they would be equal terms (given the same PP), however put them both on S and the R tunes is too lose and would lose to the S tune.

But thats just what I think and I am getting wayyy off topic :P

Suzuka is an amazing track. It’s an difficult and technical circuit. There aren’t much to win but a lot to lose. I love the track but it’s getting a bit boring now. I’ve love to see some other events. But it has to be on expert level. Cos in the lower division online events, there are almost only punters. That’s why I don’t drive there. I love to see some Eiger or London on expert level. 👍

Suzuka is a track that has it all. The others don't (Fuji included), so it's only natural that most people prefer to drive there. If PD could give us another great track in GT5P (like Spa :D ) you would see many people running there. As it is ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR1n5zfhHYE&feature=related enjoy this movie:tup:

This is where my fascination for suzuka began. note the sounds! it thrills me even now and i kow the track has been adjusted a few times but this is simply a great/fabulous track.
The other tracks are also great but here is some history. and we just have just a few tracks available this is just the right thing for me. as for gt tracks my favorit is either trail mountain and apricot hill, and i can't wait to see those tracks in HD ^^ cheers

I agree with NLxAROSA and Paulie, and would like to add that Suzuka is the closest to a pure professional race course available in gt5p. Fuji is close, as is Daytona road. London is barely ever used, and eiger is very frustrating to tune for.

Suzuka also helps create the most balanced cars out of any track. The idea that a great car on Suzuka must be fast on the straights as well as a grip-tastic cornering machine makes it an awesome track to tune on. However, I personally attempt to make my tunes work on different tracks, as is apparent on my thread.

Latest Posts

Back