What's the most realistic experience we can get in GTS?

Brazil
Brazil
What is the single most realistic playing experience we can get in GTS, what car, what track, what settings have you got any realism kick out of it?

I always get confused as to if I should play with only 1 TC and Default ABS or off. I think there should be a hardcore mode in next gts.

If/when I drive GTS.... it is only with no TC and no ABS.
Even then, I often get the feeling that I`m driving a shopping cart :/
If you want to get a step closer to realism with GTS then set ABS to weak, no ABS in GTS is quite away from reality in terms of how tyres lock-up and behave in that regard.

For me, its TC set to either 1 or off depending on the car in question (i.e. does it have TC in reality), ABS set to weak (even with cars that don't have ABS in reality - which is a shame) and then (this is the critical bit) pop on PSVR and go for a drive!

Last edited:
An EV, at a track in or near your home country.

An EV is pure electric. Like the electricity you're using to play the gsme. It's quiet like your Playstation console and pretty much can be driven autonomously, if you watch a replay from cockpit view. Best part is, as I mentioned, if you can race at a real world circuit in your country. Enjoy.

My favourite realistic race is a one make Custom Race with the Evo 96, detuned: min power, max weight, Comfort Soft tyres (this helps with the slow AI), & everything set as realistic as possible, with Pro AI etc. Start from the back of a grid of 20, & the challenge is to get to P1 within 3 laps on Brands Hatch without losing your clean race bonus. I also have all HUD off, & set it up cockpit view so I can see my mirrors/track clearly.

Great thread man! This is the only way I play my GTS, I try to get the most realistic experience! I was going to start a thread looking for hardcore drivers looking for a different experience while playing GTS. I have a couple of guys I run with and we have a great time. We keep it as realistic as we can. Cockpit view No hud or sometimes race info only depends on the car. Electronic aids are only used if the car comes equipped with it.

Right now we are testing the Honda S2000 AP1, only ABS is allowed because ASM or traction control did not come equipped. Tires comfort hard (Bridge stone Potenza S-02) 50 liter tank. I have a lot more hardcore information about the specifications that come with driving the S2000 but I won’t get into to much detail. I find playing this way extremely fun and challenging. We are looking for drivers who are looking for the same experience to join us!

That's why I said go for a drive :cheers:

yea I got really juiced when the initial VR trailers posted and thought it’d be the next best thing in regards to full experience rigs and monitors.

I still hook it up once a month and play on the controller...its good enough for me.

after watching the virtual 24 of Le Mans I’d have to say that’s probably the closest to how I would want my experience to be with racing simulation ‘games’

Well I find some cars drive better with no traction control, AWD, and FF cars don't need it whatsoever. Do not use stability control or counter steer assist. They will only neuter the driving and racing experience.

ABS i set to weak because most if not all modern cars come with ABS as standard. I know that the older cars in the game may not come with that so for those off makes more sense.

For a real tire experience, sport hards are the way to go. It will teach you how to properly drive the cars.

Back