What's the numbers like these days?

• Thread starter Foxis
  • 4 comments
Hi,

Been away from iRacing for a couple of years. When I quit it was due to time constraints and the lack of people racing in my selected events during CET evenings. I ran skippies at first (which usually had good fields) but then mazdas and D/C road, at which point the fields got less crowded.

So, how is it nowadays? Is it easy to find good races both on weeknights/weekends or do you have to hit certain times to get a good participation?

TIA! :)

The best racing is in leagues where you race the same group of people at the same time every week or month. Outside of GT3 there is usually a specific high SOF race at a certain time of the week. Sometimes during the weekdays even. It depends on the event. GRC is new and popular and will probably be that way for the season.

You mean leagues as in the custom community created leagues? That would negate the point of iRacing for me. The entire draw is to be able to commit to one of the series and then run a few races over the week on that track....

I'm new to iRacing but it seems attendance really depends on the series. Doing the MX5 Cup races there's lots of people racing every hour. Now I've moved up and have been doing the CTSV races and while there aren't as many people participating there's still been enough to have at least a couple splits with ~20 drivers in each race so not bad. I'm moving over to the RUF series this week, not sure how the attendance will be there.

the crowd population as now

1. mazda cup
2. skippy ( based on track )
3. porsche cup
4. bss GT3
5. IMSA GTE
6. RUF Cup

Back