What's the point?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bavarian3
  • 19 comments
  • 1,770 views
maybe the point is to have fun 💡

+1 👍

It's a game, the whole point is fun!

Although, it would be nice to earn some credits to fix the damage from online punters :)
 
+1 👍

It's a game, the whole point is fun!

Although, it would be nice to earn some credits to fix the damage from online punters :)

Agreed. The point is to have fun.
 
Why do me and my buddies get together and have "Track days" at Calabogie in real life? To drive our cars on a closed road course and have fun doing it. There are no points, cash or leaderboards there either.

I never understood the obsession with leaderboards. I only play GT5 online against my friends to have. I don't play against strangers.
 
It provides illumination of the human condition. And it's fun.
 
No money credits earned? Is there even a leader board?

I was thinking the same thing... Theres no reason to even care if you win or lose no rank no prizes no credits nothing not even any trophies so why even bother.
 
Totally agree there should be some sort of scoring system and leaderboards but when i went on gt5 online i felt let down, yeah its fun but there nothing to play for and after a few races gets boring with no scoring system of some sort, and untill there is ill hardly be going on it, plz gt lets have some system update for gt5 online to make it more interesting and more worthwhile
 
I never used to care for online in any game. However, I would like to race online in GT5, but also earn xp and credits for them. Why? Well, the GT mode doesn't have much events/races, and earning xp and credits onlne would sure as hell compensate this :) Best thing IMO is to have this in online events as we had in GT5P, and with owned cars only.
 
I play online for the competition. Knowing that someone else is faster than me is more than enough to motivate me to play online! :)
 
Why do me and my buddies get together and have "Track days" at Calabogie in real life? To drive our cars on a closed road course and have fun doing it. There are no points, cash or leaderboards there either.

I never understood the obsession with leaderboards. I only play GT5 online against my friends to have. I don't play against strangers.

Ya, seriously when I look at leadirrboards I just get depressed, and well they're boring and overwhelming. But you'll also potontially find hackers/glitchers/cheaters that have 20 second times on Nordschleife which makes no sense at all to me why people do that because they're asking to get banned but... Whatever
 
Why do me and my buddies get together and have "Track days" at Calabogie in real life? To drive our cars on a closed road course and have fun doing it. There are no points, cash or leaderboards there either.

I never understood the obsession with leaderboards. I only play GT5 online against my friends to have. I don't play against strangers.

You are lucky. None of my friends play this game.
 
No money credits earned? Is there even a leader board?

Both of these are a deal breaker for me. I won't even bother with online until both of these are implemented.
 
Both of these are a deal breaker for me. I won't even bother with online until both of these are implemented.

Sadly, you'll miss out on a ton of enjoyment that comes from competing against other human-piloted cars, the opportunity to learn more about driving and tuning, and the general comraderie that goes with being a regular in online rooms.
 
I was thinking the same thing... Theres no reason to even care if you win or lose no rank no prizes no credits nothing not even any trophies so why even bother.
I nearly choked when I read that.

I play online for the competition. Knowing that someone else is faster than me is more than enough to motivate me to play online! :)
This is precisely why I race online. I didn't really care about credits, prizes and especially Achievements when racing online in Forza 3 purely because the competition is on the track...that's where the fun is.
 
maybe the point is to have fun 💡

WHAT! You telling me my sole objective in the game is not make fake money? :scared::scared:

No...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

giving credits on online races will bascially kill online play.
 
giving credits on online races will bascially kill online play.

True. Because then you'll have every idiot running people off the road trying to make a quick buck.
 
Add a few gtp guys for online. Then there's a point. Bragging rights. Online is suddenly a whole new ball game.
 
Add a few gtp guys for online. Then there's a point. Bragging rights. Online is suddenly a whole new ball game.
This...

Its so much fun. Nothing like a clean race online. There's rooms where they meet and do tunnel drags. There's room created where guys go to just to strictly tune there cars, using other members as competition/reference points.

The AI is challenging only to a certain point. It's not smart enough to race/think like an actually person online will.
 
Back