whats this I hear about in GT4?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RubyRomo
  • 25 comments
  • 1,470 views
Messages
1
whats this I hear about In GT4? I heard something that they took out the online in GT4? I hope its not true
 
Dang-it double post! GTP is getting laggy again. Jordan!
 
inferno
Dang-it double post! GTP is getting laggy again. Jordan!

ROFL.....Damn child relax.......the last time I heard GTPlanet was a place for whomever desires knowledge of the GT serious and cars in general.....so just be easy....just remember the time you came in as what you call a "NOOBIE".
People deserve respect ok...
 
The Answer Is There Is No Online Mode In Gt4. Maybe A Later Version Will Have It. Now Theres The Answer, Lock The Thread
 
SchuberT
Ignorance doesn't earn you respect.


C'mon it was his first post now stop being so stiff.. relax take a chill pill and go on with life..its just ashame how many of you guys cant just take it easy too many if you would ask me.. Anyways...I'm not saying he did the right thing, but don't get too much on his case...
 
ROFL.....Damn child relax.......the last time I heard GTPlanet was a place for whomever desires knowledge of the GT serious and cars in general.....so just be easy....just remember the time you came in as what you call a "NOOBIE".
People deserve respect ok...
Actualy, my reason for saying that, is that I've seen about five new threads started in the past two days about topics already covered in detail in these forums. all by posters with New Member under their title. It wasn't all directed at him. all I'm saying is that the impending release of GT4 and the inevitable growth in knowledge of this site are going to cause an influx of never-played-GT, Uber-newbies that will drive the mods crazy with threads just like this one. and for the record, I still consider myself a newbie. I havent been here that long, but I know what this [SEARCH] is for, and I use it.
 
GILLET
C'mon it was his first post now stop being so stiff.. relax take a chill pill and go on with life..its just ashame how many of you guys cant just take it easy too many if you would ask me.. Anyways...I'm not saying he did the right thing, but don't get too much on his case...


I agree :)
 
Relax guys and gals... this is his/her first time here, so he/she doesn't know anything about this. Still, use a search to be safe. And yes. NO online play for the upcoming build, but will be available in the future.

Where's PunkRock or Der_Alta or somebody when you need them?
 
Oh, and want online racing and the oppurtunity to complain and nit-pick at Gran Turismo 4? Get Forza. Case closed, and maybe this thread as well.
 
The main reason for jumping on the case of people who create duplicate threads is it eats up bandwidth, which is important. That, and it means that they are not reading the agreements and the notices.

I have also noticed an influx of people too lazy or unaware and ignorant of policy and what the hell the search button is for. It is really quite annoying, as they just have one question, that has already been answered, and they want right hten and there, on a silver platter...
 
PunkRock, PLEASE get in here and close this thread before all hell breaks loose. But maybe it already happended....
 
The worst part of it is that, when you start a new thread in this section, it brings up an intermediate screen that points out the Search feature, asking that you use it before posting a new thread.

I'd be willing to bet the newbies don't even read that screen to see what it says, they just look for the "Post New Thread" button and push it.

I do agree with the mentions above.. as the date draws nearer, we're going to get a larger influx of new members. Granted, I'm a bit of a "newbie" myself, I've only been here a few months. But on the flip side, I've been doing the forum thing for years now, and I know how to behave, and what the general rules are. I even Admin and Mod at several other forums, I know how the game is played. Unfortunately, not everyone does. This thread is the perfect example.
 
Jedi2016
The worst part of it is that, when you start a new thread in this section, it brings up an intermediate screen that points out the Search feature, asking that you use it before posting a new thread.

I'd be willing to bet the newbies don't even read that screen to see what it says, they just look for the "Post New Thread" button and push it.

I do agree with the mentions above.. as the date draws nearer, we're going to get a larger influx of new members. Granted, I'm a bit of a "newbie" myself, I've only been here a few months. But on the flip side, I've been doing the forum thing for years now, and I know how to behave, and what the general rules are. I even Admin and Mod at several other forums, I know how the game is played. Unfortunately, not everyone does. This thread is the perfect example.

It's probably ADD. :) As days go by without GT4 being out, the seniors grow angrier and angrier at every little mistake that's being made. I wouldn't be surprised if an all out war was started and the forum would have to be closed.. The newbies vs. The Seniors! Let's get it on! :lol:
 
In other forums you must have like 10 or 20 posts before you can open a thread at all. Maybe this would be an idea, because as a newbie you automatically start reading and gathering the info you want instead of opening a thread for it.

Cheers,
the Interceptor
 
here's an idea I came up with: A computer program that can filter out duplicate subjects when submitted to the forum. Once the member clicks the "submit thread" button, a message on the next page says "Sorry! page already submitted. Your request has been ignored."
Pretty cool huh? 👍
 
Smoke_U_24/7
here's an idea I came up with: A computer program that can filter out duplicate subjects when submitted to the forum. Once the member clicks the "submit thread" button, a message on the next page says "Sorry! page already submitted. Your request has been ignored."
Pretty cool huh? 👍
Theoretically a good idea, but impossible to realise without failure, because some algorithm would have to interpretate a subject and find out what its content is. That's almost impossible, you'd have thousands of false error messages and thousands of newbies still opening unnecessary threads, because almost nobody uses the same words in his question. And if he does, how do you know he doesn't ask about the same subject, but for another answer?

Cheers,
the Interceptor
 
Yeah, your right. Computer's aren't that smart, yet. But just an idea. And the computers would go crazy.
 
RubyRomo
whats this I hear about In GT4? I heard something that they took out the online in GT4? I hope its not true


This news is as old as saying Osama Bin Laden is a terroist.
 
Yes, and what's this I hear about the world trade center being attacked? No wonder I couldn't find it when I was in new york... :lol:
 
*sigh*......theres something called the "SEARCH BAR"....u should use it Ruby
 
Back