What's up with the Framerate lately?

• Thread starter eispfogel
  • 6 comments
Germany
Germany
Greetings!
I had some issues on PS4 Pro on some tracks, even in 1080 performance mode(like Spa), but on PS5 this really wrecks some races or at least my ability to drive consistently.

There are spots at Suzuka, or Trial Mountain that stutter for a Moment, but man...the Norschleife has gotten pretty bad. Be it TimeTrial, User Race, or the LP800 cup on that track.

There are more tracks that stutter, but i guess this example is enough:

The FPS graph is NOT working, as trdrop only works correctly with uncompressed Videofiles and i can't capture that with my hardware :/
Play it back at 0.25 speed. You can see stutters in the first corner of the Mercedes Arena, but it's really bad at 0:45 and later at Minute 1:00 after the Warsteiner corner to the ADVAN Corner. Even later at around Hatzenbach.

I thought that something is wrong with my PS5, but i asked other people(the ones that can actually see the stutter - some called me crazy and are not seeing anything...) and they confirmed, that this happens on their PS5 too.

What can we do, to report this to PD? It would be great, if this can be fixed, as it - at least - interferes with my driving, as it looks as if the Car slips.

This framerate drop isn't new , it was there for a while - same thing in happens in Daytona and Kyoto

not much you can do unless you got new display that supports 120hz and use that with VRR

It was even worse and more noticable on my 120Hz 1440p(Samsung C32G54TQBU). Then i tried it on my 1080 TV with 60Hz, but it's still noticable(that's where i recorded these stutters). It's not just an FPS drop, it feels like the whole game pauses and just stops.

This doesn't happen in the PS4 Version which i now use on PS5 to get rid of those stutters. That's the only workaround i have on that console.

It would be cool, if PD would fix that, but i don't know how this issue can be reported to them. The support isn't helping. Thins like clearing the cache, or...reinitialize the console and redownload the game and such. But there is nothing wrong with the console itself - it's the game.

Oh well :(

Yes. I tried all modes and settled with performance/framerate mode with 120Hz and VRR.
This is not a normal FPS drop. It's not like in other games that go down, or fluctuate between 45 and 60. This is an outright stutter as if the game engine pauses.

And it was more noticable because a drop from ~100FPS to below 30 - you notice that. And besides that those drops are outside the VRR window of the PS5.

Last edited:
I hope PD will fix that. But you already said, that GT7 is like this for a while now. I don't get my hope up then :(
I just used a PS4 Pro and only got a PS5 pretty recent. And then i saw those stutters and was letdown by that performance. I thought something was wrong with my PS5. Maybe just a PS5 Pro is able to handle the game 100% stutter free and at 120FPS/Hz(stable 60 would be enough though).

Aw well. At least the PS4 Version runs smooth.

Back