What's up with the licenseplates???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dirkiyo
  • 16 comments
  • 1,222 views
Messages
849
i was watching a few vids from the BMW virtual drive demo and i noticed that the cars do actually have real "GERMAN" licenseplates instead of the ones with the name of the manufacturer or carmodel on it. Let's call it a nice little detail of GT4 👍

Are there any other noticeable details in this demo?
It's all about the finishing touch.
 
^ I do hope we have to option to put real plates on the cars as opposed to having the shoroom ones (the cars name)......this would add a really nice touch....I wonder if you can have a showroom plate on the 1 series?
 
Several cars in GT3 also have this feature.

Check out the "Toyota Celica Rally Car", if I remember it correctly, that car also has German plates.
 
When you say real plates do you mean proper road-worthy ones or mess around ones where you can choose a font and enter whatever you like.
 
^ we mean offical road legal ones, like if the car is german then it should have just a random offical EU German plate. It adds to realism and it makes it look alot better than just showroom plates (although some look cool like the concept ones!) After seeing them done on the 1 series, and as mentioned, in others cars that were in GT3 I hope that there will be the option........
 
ExigeExcel
When you say real plates do you mean proper road-worthy ones or mess around ones where you can choose a font and enter whatever you like.
That would be nice to have custom plates. 👍
 
it would indeed be nice if you could choose between a "official" linceplate and a custom one.......
 
Dirkiyo
Are there any other noticeable details in this demo?
It's all about the finishing touch.

Have a look at the brakelights. Feather the brakes, and the bottom brake lights light up, BUT, stamp hard on the brakes and the bottom AND top lights come on. It's just like the real thing, sort of like an emergency warning to the cars behind if you brake hard.
 
yes indeed, i tried it on the Nordschleife with a 120d.......pretty damn realistic detail....👍
 
I reckon it should have the plate colours too. Eg South Africa uses yellow plates, while New Zealand uses white. GT4 is getting better and better, everytime I here something about it.
 
Personalized plates would be fine...
as long as you register yearly within 30 days of your birthday.

Actually, I think I would take my plates off to go racing.

Honestly though, this could be a really good idea, especially with the online play.
For instance, I want to make my plates say "TIHS HO," but a young player from Osaka, Japan has already registered that plate in the worldwide database, and I will have to make something unique and unused. Very cool.

Has anybody here ever been a Quake clan member?
How about online racing teams for GT4?
 
Yep just read that. Wonder if we can write our names on them?
 
i want SIKEVO,SIKCIV,PHATRX etc or I8A4RE (i ate a ferrari) as my plate.
 
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I seen a European-style license plate when I raced the Mini Cooper special model. Are you telling me that it may be possible to do custom plates? Seems good, sounds good, a winner perchance?
 
Yes custom plates are very cool, i have them on my Swift GTi....it says TRAVI D in white writing on a black background.

Anyone ever play Need For Speed: High Stakes? That game you had plates that were the same as your user name. A small touch, but very very cool.
 
Back